It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:01 pm

Youtube Music

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
KreAch3R

Youtube Music

Post by KreAch3R »

Youtube Music v1.0
Youtube Music displays the Top10 charts of the newly - created Youtube Music Page.

The skin supports one horizontal & one vertical variant. There are 2 compact versions, besides that, so that you can have them on your screen without taking too much screen space. You can read the Rank, Title, Description, Artist, playtime, Views, and click on them to open the video url on your default browser. You can also set your Youtube avatar & username to the skin, so that you can open your page with a single button. The Top10 charts is displayed in pages (5 in horizontal and 2 in vertical) and you can scroll through them.

Developing Notes:
This is my first big skin release, despite the dozen of which I have modified or written. I made it as "default" as I could, to display the possibilities of the new youtube page. I also have to tried to optimize the code as much as I could and make it as friendly as possible. Please go through the code and make suggestions - corrections of what I should have done otherwise. I would really like to read your thoughts over my work. Big thanks to Kaelri for his "Pages" thread, helped a lot; and of course huge thanks to everyone that has helped me from the beginning.

I hope you like it. :D

Instructions:

Read here if you want to change the default English Language to the Horizontal skin:
-Changing the language of the Artist field in Horizontal View-

1. Change the language of the Youtube website through Internet Explorer.

2. Navigate to Horizontal.ini & open it.
  3. Change the Artist.Prefix variable to the prefix you desire.
    e.g.
    Artist.Prefix="από τον καλλιτέχνη" instead of Artist.Prefix="by"
  4. Change Height.diff2 from 39r to 24r.
    You can do this by erasing the ";" symbol before the line and insert one ";" before the other.
  5. Do the same for Height.diff3
  6. Navigate to Artist1 near the end of the file
  7. Change x=40r to a X position that suits your needs (aka the length of the Artist.Prefix variable you entered above. Some trial & error needed).
  8. Navigate to Views1 at the end of the file
  9. Use
    x=160
    y=15r
    instead of x=5R, y=r, so that the Views are displayed one line down.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Changing the Height.diff2 & Height.diff3 DEMAND that you change Views1 X,Y positions, & vice versa. If you DON'T want to move Views one line down, DON'T change Height.diff, too.
  10. Save, close, and refresh.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
JoBu

Re: Youtube Music

Post by JoBu »

Awesome. I'll be grabbing and testing for you soon. Looks great though, should be a popular skin. Cheers.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

JoBu wrote:Awesome. I'll be grabbing and testing for you soon. Looks great though, should be a popular skin. Cheers.
Thanks for the great feedback! I'm glad you like it! :)

Desktop DeviartArt
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

I have it and it seems to be working great!

Awesome work. This might become a constant on my desktop :)

One note: I tried installing it with 2.1.0 r912 and it failed, with an error message that said "you need 2.1.0r912 or better" which was confusing.

After installing 2.1.0 r918 it worked like a charm. Just letting you know.

Cheers, and again, great work!
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

I think that's a problem I've encountered before with with Rainstaller.cfg in the rmskin file.

You need an extra 0. in MinRainmeterVer so 2.1r912 isn't 2.1.912 it's:

MinRainmeterVer=2.1.0.912
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

JoBu wrote:I have it and it seems to be working great!

Awesome work. This might become a constant on my desktop :)

Cheers, and again, great work!
I'm really happy that you like it! I hope that it serves you well :D
JoBu wrote: One note: I tried installing it with 2.1.0 r912 and it failed, with an error message that said "you need 2.1.0r912 or better" which was confusing.

After installing 2.1.0 r918 it worked like a charm. Just letting you know.
Seahorse wrote:I think that's a problem I've encountered before with with Rainstaller.cfg in the rmskin file.

You need an extra 0. in MinRainmeterVer so 2.1r912 isn't 2.1.912 it's:

MinRainmeterVer=2.1.0.912
I also encountered that problem, in a PC using r903 beta, the error message was "you need 2.1.0r903 or better". In the rainstaller.cfg file, I added this, however:
MinRainmeterVer=2.1.0.918
so I don't know why it displays the current beta number instead of the version I have written in the file. Could it be a beta issue, now that it's repeatable? Should I report it? If any developer is looking at this thread, please answer :p

Seahorse: I was actually a step away from doing that mistake, and then I took a look at the manual :p. So I wrote it in the correct form.

Desktop DeviartArt