It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:24 am

Volume Slider v2.00

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Volume Slider v1.30

Post by dragonmage »

You should be able to make the whole skin resize correctly using BackgroundMode=3 and BackgroundMargins=

Could you also write the skin to use NirCmd from #ADDONSPATH#\NirCmd\NirCmd.exe
That is the standard we are going for to simplify skin writing and prevent dozens of copies of NirCmd in various skin folders. The project that I am working on is going to place all these common addons in the correct place and help people understand how to use them.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

dragonmage wrote:You should be able to make the whole skin resize correctly using BackgroundMode=3 and BackgroundMargins=

Could you also write the skin to use NirCmd from #ADDONSPATH#\NirCmd\NirCmd.exe
That is the standard we are going for to simplify skin writing and prevent dozens of copies of NirCmd in various skin folders. The project that I am working on is going to place all these common addons in the correct place and help people understand how to use them.
I tried adding BackgroundMode=3 and BackgroundMargins= (under the [Rainmeter] section of course) and no matter what numbers I put for the margins the skin didn't change.

And of course! I just remember when installing NirCmd it offered to place a .exe in \Windows for easy accesibility, and well, when doing a clean install of Rainmeter I lost the \Addons one.
I'll change it to the \Addons for the next update, or when you release your project.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

I'm working on making a shortcut for the Windows Volume Mixer (Since the newer versions of Windows have more options) and a button to test the volume.

The question is... what looks best?
I can't be content with any design I pick, so what'd your pick?
Keep in mind, this is a quick mock up in paint and the end product should look better.
This would also go for the vertical slider as well, specify which way you want the bars for that if you choose bars.

Also, I'm thinking about adding it so you have beeps on every click to test the volume. (With a variable to mute it of course... if I can figure out how) Good idea or bad? Or maybe have it been when you leave the skin?
Last edited by JpsCrazy on June 22nd, 2010, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

As far as playing a sound goes...
When you set the volume, also set a variable to let's say 1. Then you have a measure that tests if that variable equals one, and if it is, plays your sound then sets the variable to 0. This will play the sound the update after the volume is set.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Thanks! :D That'd workkk.
My only worry is that you can only go up by one at a time (unless you click a spot) and that would mean a beep every click. Would having a MouseLeaveAction that's a beep be obnoxious?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Make it so there is a variable that is set to 1 when the volume is changed and another that is set to 1 on MouseLeave. The sound only plays if they both equal 1, then they are both set back to 0.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

It was less of a 'How would I manage this?' and more of a 'Would people hate this?' idea. :P
Thanks though.
I think I'll make some codes for both, but would start disabled until the user turned it on.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

I know. Was just giving you a method off the top of my head so the sound would only play if you changed the volume. But, better idea, enable the measure on mouseleave, and disable after the sound plays.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

How would Rainmeter know when the sound played? O.O
I just have it now so when there's a mouseleave it sets a variable to one, the calc notices it and well you here a sound then sets the variable to 0. Plus, it allows users to not have beeps (-1) or have a beep at startup (1).
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Add a new variable to the variables section. Where you have the bang that sets the volume, add a new bang that sets that variable to 1. Make a new measure (that is disabled by default) where if said variable equals 1, it plays a sound, sets the variable to 0, and disables the measure. Now, make a MouseLeaveAction that enables the measure.

Code: Select all

[msPlaySound]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#Some.Var#
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!Execute [PLAY something.wav][!RainmeterSetVariable Some.Var 0][!DisableMeasure msPlaySound]
IfBelowValue=1
IfBelowAction=!DisableMeasure msPlaySound
DynamicVariables=1