It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:08 pm

CoverVisualizer

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
balala
Rainmeter Sage

CoverVisualizer

Post by balala »

After a request of a user here on the forum, I've started to develop this visualizer skin, which is using the cover returned by the (supported) media player app. Initially it seemed that I can't resize all covers to the same size, but finally I found how to do (using the TransformationMatrix option). Here is what I got.
The installer will install the needed ImageSize plugin (if it's not installed yet).
After install, a Settings tool is loaded (you can reload it anytime clicking to the wrench on the right down corner of the skin). Here you have to set the desired player. You can do it in two ways:
  • open the media player, then click the Detect button. The skin will find which player is open and will choose it from the dropdown menu
  • you can choose manually from that menu.
After this, the skin can also be used to control the media player. It has a sliding volume setting and another, same way sliding position setting (the two red dots - but you can also click, to set their position). Clicking to the position and/or duration indicators (near the title and artist), will toggle between the left time, and the duration.
And finally clicking the cover (or the bars) you can set the visualizer style: horizontal, vertical bars or none of them (see the animation above).

Comments would be welcomed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: CoverVisualizer

Post by eclectic-tech »

Nice work! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:missing vlc support
It seems that VLC is not supported by the NowPlaying plugin. I can't help here. Sorry...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Nice work! :thumbup:
Thanks eclectic-tech. I'm glad if you think so.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote:Thanks eclectic-tech. I'm glad if you think so.
Absolutely! I always learn a few new coding tricks when I examine your skins! :D

Thanks for sharing! :great:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

eclectic-tech wrote:Absolutely! I always learn a few new coding tricks when I examine your skins! :D
+1. Thanks balala!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Absolutely! I always learn a few new coding tricks when I examine your skins! :D

Thanks for sharing! :great:
Active Colors wrote:+1. Thanks balala!
I'm glad in this case!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:i see that they removed vlc player as player :uhuh: wmp is not really a option
VLC was there, between the supported players? Because I'm not using it, don't know. But if it was, maybe you could post a question to forum and find out if it'll be restored.