It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:55 pm

I-Radio

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
jsmorley
Developer

Re: I-Radio

Post by jsmorley »

The only common thing here is the FileList plugin. It causes your skins, AND that Music_Nav one to misbehave. No other skins that don't use FileList plugin and have all kinds of scrolling effect them.

So I can only conclude that there is some kind of problem / conflict with FileList plugin. It is possible that it is related to the new scroll wheel stuff, but since the scroll routines work perfectly well with all other skins and software UNLESS FileList plugin is in the mix, I'm going to point the finger that way.

If elestel comes around and wants to work with us to debug the issue, I'm sure he or we or some combination of both can figure something out. In the meantime, I just can't recommend the FileList plugin when you are using skins that have scrolling.
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

eclectic-tech wrote: @CybOrspam
Sorry for creating problems...
Can I ask why are you using MouseScrollDown= to refresh? Middle-click seems to be used more often. Then again, I use middle-click to do lots of alternate actions on my skins.
Ok, this is the second time one of my posts has completely disappeared!!! Anyways, as I stated earlier, you didn't create any problems, I just knew I wasn't dumb enough to have 4 skins on top of each other and not know it! };] At least it's narrowed down now. As for using the mouse scroll to refresh, I just downloaded the beta version this morning, and was playing around with it a little bit just to check it out. I really liked how you used the filelist in your radio skin, and was seriously considering re-coding all my slideshow menus to utilize it, but now.... };[
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Removing this from public issue. O.O (First post edited.)

But thanks for determining the issues. If I had been aware of the effects, I would never have offered it.

Thanks for reporting this CybOrspasm and getting to the bottom of this, JS Morley.

I'll stick to the builtin plugins. I agree CybOrspasm, that this would be a great addition.
We'll wait to see what happens with rainmeter in the future. We finally got mouse wheels!

(You need to get a simpler name CybOrSpasm, or I need a new keyboard! )
Last edited by eclectic-tech on November 25th, 2012, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:Removing this from public issue. O.O (First post edited.)

But thanks for determining the issues. If I had been aware of the effects, I would never have offered it.

Thanks for reporting this CybOrspam and getting to the bottom of this, JS Morley.

I'll stick to the builtin plugins. I agree CybOrspam, that this would be a great addition.
We'll wait to see what happens with rainmeter in the future. We finally got mouse wheels!
And just wait for tomorrow... ;-)
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

eclectic-tech wrote:Removing this from public issue. O.O (First post edited.)

Thanks for reporting this CybOrspasm and getting to the bottom of this, JS Morley.

I'll stick to the builtin plugins. I agree CybOrspasm, that this would be a great addition.

(You need to get a simpler name CybOrSpasm, or I need a new keyboard! )
But...but... it was cool! };] It let you add to your menus by just dropping shortcuts in a folder instead of having to add lines in our code (that right there was a newbie wet-dream!)! And you could SCROLL through your file list! It was really slick! }:[
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

jsmorley wrote: And just wait for tomorrow... ;-)
PERK!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

CybOrSpasm wrote:
But...but... it was cool! };] It let you add to your menus by just dropping shortcuts in a folder instead of having to add lines in our code (that right there was a newbie wet-dream!)! And you could SCROLL through your file list! It was really slick! }:[
Yeah, but it caused way too many issues... Thanks, I liked it too and I am still using it personally... I am almost done reworking it without the filelist plugin.

It won't be quite as nice, but you can still drop files in the folder, run a commandline update, and start listening. Got a few more things to test before sharing.

Thanks for your compliment and help in killing the "buggy" plugin.