It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:24 pm

I-Radio

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
jsmorley
Developer

Re: I-Radio

Post by jsmorley »

Yeah, Cybor. Can you make a rmskin of just one of the skins that IS affected when you scroll the I-Radio skin?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Looking closer at CybOrspam's skin, I think the issue concerns this meter.

Code: Select all

[MeterFrame]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#@#\Frame1 5-3 250x150.png
W=379
H=253
MouseScrollDownAction=!Refresh
MouseScrollUpAction=!Refresh
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
It appears to be showing a 250X150 image in a larger 379X253 "frame".
The image (blackbox) is centered in his skin, but the containing frame (gray area) is much larger... I used his code and my images to produce this example:

They overlap in the invisible part of his meter (grey area), this is why they refresh when the mouse is scrolled.
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

ok, JS. just so you know, here's what I did...

Copied just one of the affected skins (picture2) to the skins root folder. Then made the .rmskin. Then deleted the picture2 folder loaded a completely empty "layout" then quit RM and restarted it. Then installed the FunkyScrollBug.rmskin, launched the picture.ini inside the picture2 folder. Then launched eclectic-tech's I-Radio skin so that they were the ONLY two things running... And sure enough, when I give his skin focus, and then scroll, the pictures in my skin change. Furthermore, as you can see in the screenshot, there is NO overlap of ANY kind going on here...

Anyways, here is the .rmskin ...
Attachments
FunkyScrollBug.jpg
FunkyScrollBug.rmskin
(74.2 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:Looking closer at CybOrspam's skin, I think the issue concerns this meter.

Code: Select all

[MeterFrame]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#@#\Frame1 5-3 250x150.png
W=379
H=253
MouseScrollDownAction=!Refresh
MouseScrollUpAction=!Refresh
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
It appears to be showing a 250X150 image in a larger 379X253 "frame".
The image (blackbox) is centered in his skin, but the containing frame (gray area) is much larger... I used his code and my images to produce this example:

They overlap in the invisible part of his meter (grey area), this is why they refresh when the mouse is scrolled.
Yes, I'm quite sure it is related to that somehow. There is no way simply scrolling on one skin can "refresh" another, unless they are in conflict (bottom skin has focus, mouse hovered over both skins, both skins have scroll actions, one of which is a !Refresh).

The other issue with the i-Radio and Music_Nav_Plus skins is I suspect an issue with the FileList plugin conflicting with itself when there are two skins loaded at once that use it, and a command is sent to the plugin to "advance" in some fashion. I don't know much/anything about that plugin, and since it is not a built-in Rainmeter plugin and we don't have access to the source code, there is not much debugging we can do really.
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

jsmorley wrote: Yes, I'm quite sure it is related to that somehow. There is no way simply scrolling on one skin can "refresh" another, unless they are in conflict (bottom skin has focus, mouse hovered over both skins, both skins have scroll actions, one of which is a !Refresh).

The other issue with the i-Radio and Music_Nav_Plus skins is I suspect an issue with the FileList plugin conflicting with itself when there are two skins loaded at once that use it, and a command is sent to the plugin to "advance" in some fashion. I don't know much/anything about that plugin, and since it is not a built-in Rainmeter plugin and we don't have access to the source code, there is not much debugging we can do really.

How can they be overlapping? They are no where near each other...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

CybOrSpasm wrote:ok, JS. just so you know, here's what I did...

Copied just one of the affected skins (picture2) to the skins root folder. Then made the .rmskin. Then deleted the picture2 folder loaded a completely empty "layout" then quit RM and restarted it. Then installed the FunkyScrollBug.rmskin, launched the picture.ini inside the picture2 folder. Then launched eclectic-tech's I-Radio skin so that they were the ONLY two things running... And sure enough, when I give his skin focus, and then scroll, the pictures in my skin change. Furthermore, as you can see in the screenshot, there is NO overlap of ANY kind going on here...

Anyways, here is the .rmskin ...
Ok, with some path editing I was able to get both things running at once, and sure enough, you are right. It doesn't have anything to do with the wheel scrolling actions as such, as I have other skins that use it and they don't effect your skin. It is something with that FileList plugin that is being used in the I-Radio skin. As I said earlier, I don't know anything about it, it is not from the Rainmeter team, and I just would recommend not running any skins that use it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Just read your post JSM
jsmorley wrote:Yes, I'm quite sure it is related to that somehow. There is no way simply scrolling on one skin can "refresh" another, unless they are in conflict (bottom skin has focus, mouse hovered over both skins, both skins have scroll actions, one of which is a !Refresh).

Yes, I have been using filelist for quite a while and have not had issues. Not having access to the code limits how far anyone can troubleshoot issues.

I hope there is some solution, but if the issue affects more skins, I will remove it from public use. (Edit: I will re-code it back to use mouse-click instead of wheel actions.)

@CybOrspam
Sorry for creating problems...
Can I ask why are you using MouseScrollDown= to refresh? Middle-click seems to be used more often. Then again, I use middle-click to do lots of alternate actions on my skins.
Last edited by eclectic-tech on November 25th, 2012, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: Yes, I have been using filelist for quite a while and have not had issues. Not having access to the code limits how far anyone can troubleshoot issues.

I hope there is some solution, but if the issue affects more skins, I will remove it from public use.
In the mean time, I will post a warning with the skin about possible interaction on mouse scrolling.

@CybOrspam
Sorry for creating problems...
Can I ask why are you using MouseScrollDown= to refresh? Middle-click seems to be used more often. Then again, I use middle-click to do lots of alternate actions on my skins.
It's worse than that. The skin CyboSpasm sent me has no scroll action at all and no FileList plugin. It is just Quote plugin, and is refreshed with a MiddleMouseUpAction on a background meter.

The problem isn't with scrolling as such, it is with the "Field=PageDown" option in FileList plugin being sent a !CommandMeasure to update it. I have other skins that scroll, and created one that scrolls using the Quote plugin. No conflicts are created.

There is something seriously hinky with the FileList plugin that I have no idea how to even figure out.
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

jsmorley wrote: It's worse than that. The skin CyboSpasm sent me has no scroll action at all and no FileList plugin. It is just Quote plugin, and is refreshed with a MiddleMouseUpAction on a background meter.

The problem isn't with scrolling as such, it is with the "Field=PageDown" option in FileList plugin being sent a !CommandMeasure to update it. I have other skins that scroll, and created one that scrolls using the Quote plugin. No conflicts are created.

There is something seriously hinky with the FileList plugin that I have no idea how to even figure out.

But what is really weird is that one single skin that isn't affected... It's a slideshow, exactly like the others except that it displays ram usage, and doesn't launch anything...

BTW, can I ask what paths you changed to get it to work?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

CybOrSpasm wrote:
But what is really weird is that one single skin that isn't affected... It's a slideshow, exactly like the others except that it displays ram usage, and doesn't launch anything...

BTW, can I ask what paths you changed to get it to work?
I just forced #Path3# on the quote plugin measure to be my picture folder.