It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:51 am

Media Player

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
lilmetal

Media Player

Post by lilmetal »

Alrite, let me start my saying that I'm by no means a coder, or artist, or anything.
I just wanted to fix and add some functionality to a skin that I enjoy using.
So, I heavily modified the Media Player skin from r3ginald's Arachnid Skin Suite.
By taking full advantage of the NowPlaying plugin, it can now be easily used with much more players, and more functions.

What's new:
- A Facelift
Recycled some code and buttons from Poiru's Soita.
Buttons: Next/Previous Track, Pause/Play/Stop, Open/Close Player

- Cover Shade
Mousing over the album art shades the cover, and reveals more functions.
Enable/Disable Shuffle and Repeat (Buttons from The Noun Project)
Volume Up/Down
Track Rating

That's about it. Edit the skin to change the player, and you're set.
Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fuzznut13

Re: Media Player

Post by fuzznut13 »

How do i actualy get this skin to work?
Agentstaple

Post by Agentstaple »

Yeah, I got as far as "change the player name under variables to what ever you use", that message is at the bottom of the code, right click the "media player" and click edit skin, it'll give you the script in a notepad, near the top, just a little down you will find variables in there.

variables is about 30 lines down, then 9 lines after that you will see "Player=Itunes"

I want to change mine to windows media player, it's called wmplayer in task manager but that didn't work. There is a link that's supposed to give me a list of all the possible media players it can use but the link is dead. So I need to figure out what Wmplayer is called to use it. So we need OP or someone who knows the names of the media players it can use and what to name them in the code.

Or keep guessing, there was something else I wanted to try but I forgot what it was :P

I hope OP still comes on the forums, This was the first thing I tried to install, actually rain and matrix code where but they where easy.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Try Player=WMP

The lull list of supported players can be found on http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying#playerlist. Those fully supported are:

-> AIMP:_____________MusicPlayer=AIMP
-> foobar2000:________MusicPlayer=CAD
-> iTunes:____________MusicPlayer=iTunes
-> J. River Media Center__MusicPlayer=CAD
-> Media Jukebox:______MusicPlayer=CAD
-> MediaMonkey:_______MusicPlayer=MediaMonkey
-> MusicBee:__________MusicPlayer=CAD
-> Winamp:___________MusicPlayer=Winamp
-> VLC:______________MusicPlayer=CAD
-> WMP:_____________MusicPlayer=WMP