It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:15 pm

LuaTorrent3

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
zakazak

Re: LuaTorrent3

Post by zakazak »

too bad.. could you recommend any other torrent config? it would be rly nice to have that inside rainmeter as i have a home-server that runs utorrent 24/7 and i normally control/check it via teamviewer.

thanks
poopiepants

Post by poopiepants »

Thanks you for the quick reply, it fixed my issue.

Changing the colors at first confused me, since I had no clue what what 210,210,210,255 for a color was but I tried a hex and it worked.

I tried playing around with the font size but that would distort the columns.

The only other recommendation if you have the time is creating a smaller variant.

I know this is a labor of love and on your free time, I appreciate all the work.
I have written a few tools for XBMC on my free time and I know it can get crazy when updates are requested.

Thank you!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yeah, changing the font would have ripple effects all over the place.

I'm sure I will play around and do different versions over time. A smaller one would be worth having I guess.
sarfraz

Post by sarfraz »

Hi, i'm having a bit of trouble getting LT3 to work on my Rainmeter. I have your original LuaTorrent installed & working perfectly, but when i try to load LT3, it crashes my entire Rainmeter console.

At first i thought it was because i loaded LT3 for the first time whilst i already had LuaTorrent running, but even when LuaTorrent was closed, it would do the same thing

I am using uTorrent v3.0, & am using Rainmeter 2.1.0 r959 64-bit (Sep 18 2011), so in terms of compatibility, I don't see why it shouldn't work...

Do you have any ideas?

[Running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit]

Thanks
Saf
Grantp

Post by Grantp »

Hi,

Great skin, first one I've found that works correctly. I have managed to change it to display more than 5 files as I constantly have over 1500 torrents seeding at any one time. Currently changed it to display 20. Is there a way of only displaying the active torrents rather than the first x in the list. I believe it's your variable tETA in lua script that could be useful. When a torrent is in 'completed' status this is equal to to '0', while seeding but not active it has a value of '-1' and whilst active the value is respresented by number of seconds to ETA. I am just not good enough at lua scripting to change the code but have enough understanding to be able to roughly see what it is doing. I hope this makes sence. Thanks once again for a great skin.

Cheers Grant
IcemanSR

Post by IcemanSR »

hum
i am heaving problem here
i see that it measures all data but it just doesn't show nothing
no errors either it does show debug lines in skin ,any tips to make it work?
version 3.1 build 26616
handsforfeet

Post by handsforfeet »

For the record, I was able to get this skin working by downgrading my utorrent client to the specific 3.0 build the skin was constructed for (you can find it by just searching for the older version on Google). I followed all the images included and changed the values accordingly, but it wasn't until I downgraded that the skin came to life.

As of March 20,2012:

1) Make sure you are running the latest rainmeter. If the latest version isn't working, I was able to get it working with version 2.2.0 (Jan 8 2012)
2) Download the LauTorent3 skin
3) Put the skin in your Skins folder (within your Rainmeter folder)
4) Install the skin (double click the green raindrop and click install)
5) Follow the instructions from the pictures included in the folder LuaTorrent3 (Help1,Help2,Help3)
-the preferences for Help1 in Utorrent can be found by clicking Options, Advanced, Web UI.
-changing the value in Help2 to false is found in Utorrent by clicking Options, Advanced (scroll all the way to the bottom, don't forget to click apply)
6) Launch the skin, right click and select edit skin
-edit your username, password, and port as shown in Help3. Also make sure your PathToUtorrent is correct (this should have installed properly with rainmeter, just noted in case).
7) Save the edited skin text document and refresh the skin

I only wrote all this out because I have been trying to get one of these skins to work for over a year and the builds have always been off. This time I actually decided to truly figure it out. Hope this helps someone else if they should get stuck.

Cheers
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You might try this one:
Works for me with the latest 3.1.2 beta of uTorrent.
tru

Post by tru »

uT 3.1.3
2.3.0 Beta r1259 32-bit
Win8 Consumer Preview
getting this.. ERRO (00:00:07.363) Script: LuaTorrent3.1.lua:55: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)
handsforfeet

Post by handsforfeet »

The updated 3.1 application works with the latest utorrent (3.1.3) :D

Thank you for pointing me to the update good sir.