It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:27 am

Two Unique Skins

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
UnstoppableDave

Two Unique Skins

Post by UnstoppableDave »

Hey everybody, I wanted to spread the word about two new skins I just finished majorly updating that I think are pretty unique in function; they aren't just RSS or weather skins that look different.
For all of us gamers, I thought it would be useful to be able to monitor our favorite server(s) and even join them straight from our desktop. So I made a skin that reads Game-monitor.com to tell you info about any game server that is on the site, and even lets you direct connect to the server. That was fun to parse. :roll:

Game Monitor at deviantart
Game Monitor at Customize.org

Also, I didn't want to have to open steam or go to the website to get the latest headlines. For example, my friend likes to jump to post the good deals on Slickdeals, so I made a skin that feeds them to the desktop. Even color-coded them so you can tell what kind of headline it is at a glance, colors customizable with variables, ofc. Also took advantage of tooltips, showing the description and release time on mouseover.

Steam Headlines at deviantart
Steam Headlines at Customize.org
Update: v1.2

Both of them can be totally controlled aesthetically, even skin width on the Steam skin, using the variables section.

Criticism/Suggestions always appreciated.

Enjoy,
Sooner266
Last edited by UnstoppableDave on September 20th, 2010, 1:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Sewaged

Re: Two New Skins

Post by Sewaged »

These are very nice skins. I've been looking for something like this. Keep up the good work.
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

nice work, maybe you will upload them on deviantart too

:beer:
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
UnstoppableDave

Thanks guys. Glad to see somebody finds them useful.
They are on up deviantart. Sorry i didn't really say clearly. Will edit main post. :D
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I'm sure a lot of people will be using these.
UnstoppableDave

Update: Both skins have been updated, the steam skin pretty significantly. Details on respective pages. Most of the changes have gone to making it easier to make them match to any theme in literally every controllable way, both in size and aesthetics.

-Dave