It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 11:03 pm

Stock Ticker

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
supersobbie

Re: Stock Ticker

Post by supersobbie »

jsmorley, thanks. The link is in the first post. That is the same link I used to download. I did try 7zip and it did nto like the file either. I also downloaded it about 5 or 6 times from different browsers to see if that made a difference. I also tried wget (which did not work for other reasons).

I ended up extracting it with the unzip command in cygwin. But I still got the following:

"
error [Stock Ticker.zip]: missing 2 bytes in zipfile
(attempting to process anyway)
error [Stock Ticker.zip]: attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile
(please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
(attempting to re-compensate)
inflating: Stock Ticker/altgreen.png
inflating: Stock Ticker/altred.png
extracting: Stock Ticker/negative_data.png bad CRC 845a859c (should be c9a05be4)
file #4: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 25468
(attempting to re-compensate)
file #4: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 25468
inflating: Stock Ticker/Stock Ticker.ini
caution: excluded filename not matched: screenshot000.png
"

I did some searching and it may be in apache somewhere (if you use that) for the download format. I am not sure if anyone else was able to download the link in the first post successfully but for some reason I could not.

Anyways, thanks for looking at this for me. the extract did give me the ini file and I am playing with the settings on it now. Great work Shiva and thanks for the file.

Kind Regards,
supersobbie
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Stock Ticker

Post by Alex2539 »

That zip file is obviously corrupt. Uploading the corrupt zip file here isn't going to solve anything. What is the original source? It's always possible that it was originally corrupted when it was uploaded, so there may be nothing you can do but ask the uploader to try again or send it to you directly.
ImageImageImageImage