It is currently April 20th, 2024, 10:05 am

RainGas V0.2

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
UnforgivenRevival

RainGas V0.2

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

RainGas V0.1

Here's a skin that will show if you should be filling up the good 'ol pick-em-up truck or dusting off the bicycle!

Includes todays going rate, And yesterdays average.
Last edited by UnforgivenRevival on September 20th, 2012, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Re: RainGas V0.1

Post by Matt »

Cool skin!

A quick note: missing quotes around #@#Config.exe in the INI kept the config dialogue from launching.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Nice. And a good idea - definitely one of the more practical skins I've seen.
UnforgivenRevival

Matt wrote:Cool skin!

A quick note: missing quotes around #@#Config.exe in the INI kept the config dialogue from launching.

Weird. It works for me either way. With or without them.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

UnforgivenRevival wrote:
Weird. It works for me either way. With or without them.
Probably because you have no spaces in your Windows username.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainGas\@Resources\Config.exe
vs.

"C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainGas\@Resources\Config.exe"
It's always a good idea to put filepaths in quotes for that reason. There's no downside, after all.
UnforgivenRevival

Good tip. Ill have to remember that. Will fix and re-upload.

Edit: I'm not sure how this would effect the file, Because the file path is #@#Config.exe. There shouldnt be any spaces either way, Right? or does the #@# include the full path to the resources folder? I thought it was more of a shortcut. Can someone clarify?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

UnforgivenRevival wrote:I'm not sure how this would effect the file, Because the file path is #@#Config.exe. There shouldnt be any spaces either way, Right? or does the #@# include the full path to the resources folder? I thought it was more of a shortcut. Can someone clarify?
There is a specific order in which Rainmeter "decodes" options in a skin. Variables like #@# are replaced before the option is even interpreted as a bang. So

LeftMouseUpAction=[#@#Config.exe]

is literally equivalent to

LeftMouseUpAction=[C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainGas\@Resources\Config.exe]

Rainmeter does not account for the fact that "C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainGas\@Resources\" used to be "#@#", because that replacement is done in a previous "stage." This is actually a good thing, because it gives us much more freedom in using variables to construct a skin however we want. But it does have some counterintuitive consequences, as you have discovered.

(Just to be clear: bangs are typically the only case where spaces are an issue. It's fine in most other contexts, such as ImageName, ScriptFile, etc. But it's important in bangs because they have specific "parameters" that must be separated correctly.)
UnforgivenRevival

Thanks for explaining. I wasn't sure after the other posts, which way it worked. Its fixed and uploaded now. Thanks for the help.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Kaelri wrote:Probably because you have no spaces in your Windows username.

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainGas\@Resources\Config.exe
vs.

"C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainGas\@Resources\Config.exe"
It's always a good idea to put filepaths in quotes for that reason. There's no downside, after all.
I actually don't have spaces in my Windows username. Could it be an XP-specific thing, since I suppose my path would include the spaces in "Documents and Settings" and "My Documents" (C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins)?
UnforgivenRevival

Re: RainGas V0.2

That most likely was the problem. Thanks for pointing it out though. I learned something, And it's fixed for future users! :)