It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:28 pm

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Alienmoon

Re: Market Prices

Post by Alienmoon »

Mordasius wrote: August 10th, 2021, 3:35 pm The only way to fix your decimal place issue is by setting the BuyPrice in the same units used by CNBC.com when quoting the current share price. If you bought shares at 25 pence each and CNBC quotes the current price in GBP simply change your BuyPrice to 0.25 and the total Invested, Daily Gain/Loss and Overall Gain/Loss should show the correct values in GBP.
Yes, I did try this, but the overall gain/Loss numbers are in the thousands (99745.0) lol, crazy numbers.

I'll leave it as it is and ill just have to remember in in hundreds and not thousands.

I don't mind averaging the share prices out to reflect what I've actually invested as I'm in it for the long haul, 5+ years, so the pence isn't going to mean much at the end of the day over 5+ years.

anyway, thanks for everything.
I Want To believe
tonyestep

Post by tonyestep »

First, thanks for this excellent skin!
I have it running on 2 Windows 10 computers. I just got a new machine, and I can't get it working.
The skin appears, and you can click the symbols to be taken to the correct web page, but the prices won't update. They just show all zeros.
I have installed the latest beta Rainmeter, and I'm using the same skin files that worked on the other machines -- same agent string, same stock symbols, everything is just a copy of files that are working correctly. Perhaps there is something in the new machine's OS? Here is the info:
It's an HP Elitebook with a Ryzen 7 processor.
OS Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎7/‎19/‎2021
OS build 19043.1165
Serial number 5CG1275VNN
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
I'm sad because I love having that skin on my desktop. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
tonyestep
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Have you downloaded the most recent version from DA? I uploaded a new version a couple of days ago which makes it easier to change the number of stocks/indices being monitored.

If that doesn't solve your problem I suggest you post a screenshot of the Rainmeter - About - Skins window for Market Prices.
tonyestep

Post by tonyestep »

Woo-hoo! That fixed it. Thanks so much for your reply, and again thanks so much for this excellent desktop gadget!!
Alienmoon

Post by Alienmoon »

Mordasius wrote: August 31st, 2021, 2:53 pm Have you downloaded the most recent version from DA? I uploaded a new version a couple of days ago which makes it easier to change the number of stocks/indices being monitored.

If that doesn't solve your problem I suggest you post a screenshot of the Rainmeter - About - Skins window for Market Prices.
Thanks for the updated version, I've been using two if these on the same screen, so I'll trying adding my other stocks into this new version tomorrow.

again, thanks for all your work!
I Want To believe
WambaJoker

Post by WambaJoker »

Mordasius wrote: February 14th, 2021, 2:14 pm Horizontal-1.jpg

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?
Hi! I've been looking for days for something exactly like this. My idea is to have just a horizontal line along the top of my screen with the stocks I'm following. I've been trying to edit the one with three lines that you shared with that user, but I can't seem to be able to find a way to make it just one line. Any hints on how to reduce it to just one line? I'm sorry if it's a simple thing and I'm just being dumb by missing it. Thank you.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

WambaJoker wrote: September 25th, 2021, 2:53 pm My idea is to have just a horizontal line along the top of my screen with the stocks I'm following.
horiRow-1.jpg
How about this?
MaketPrices-Horizontal_280921.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tevvie

Post by tevvie »

Amazing tracker, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Is there any way to auto refresh the stocks without manually clicking with the middle mouse button?
WambaJoker

Post by WambaJoker »

Mordasius wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:40 am horiRow-1.jpg

How about this?

MaketPrices-Horizontal_280921.rmskin
Thank you so much! Yep, this is exactly what I wanted. I've been trying to edit different skins into something like this, but nothing I tried was as good and simple as this. Once again, thank you for going through the trouble of making it. :beer:
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

tevvie wrote: September 30th, 2021, 6:40 pm Is there any way to auto refresh the stocks without manually clicking with the middle mouse button?
Nope. The skin is set to fetch the latest prices from CNBC.com and refresh the display automatically every ten minutes. I strongly recommend against trying to refresh the skin much more frequently than this as you could end up with a busted skin and/or your IP banned.

I'm sorry but this skin is only intended for people who want something on their desktop to check their stock prices every once in a while. It is not intended to reflect price changes in real time and in some cases the prices reported by CNBC.com are minutes or even hours out of date depending on the exchange being sourced.

I know some people have tried forcing the skin to update every minute but by the time CNBC.com has reported the prices, the webparser fetched them and the skin displayed them all the professional day traders will have bought and sold shares and be ready for the next trade.