It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:05 am

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Market Prices

Post by SilverAzide »

Wildcard777 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:22 pm Hi Mordasius. When I download the default skin I can't get any values to show. Gone through many trials and errors but only get null values. When I download this example code you made for someone it works just fine showing the correct values. I tried to even cross reference the new/old code to adjust but still no avail. I just want the default style to work, lol. I appreciate any help I can get to make it work.
It's working perfectly for me, straight out of the box. Are you seeing any errors in the log?
FM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Wildcard777

Post by Wildcard777 »

SilverAzide wrote: June 9th, 2021, 12:29 am It's working perfectly for me, straight out of the box. Are you seeing any errors in the log?

FM.png
Just getting null values. All I tried changing here were the stock labels for the first two. So pretty much out of the box this is what I've always been faced with.

The error in the log I'm getting is "ERRO (16:55:23.427) MarketPrices-CNBC\8quotes - Medium.ini - [InfoIndex2]: RegExp matching error (-1)"
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Wildcard777 wrote: June 14th, 2021, 9:50 pm Just getting null values. All I tried changing here were the stock labels for the first two. So pretty much out of the box this is what I've always been faced with.

The error in the log I'm getting is "ERRO (16:55:23.427) MarketPrices-CNBC\8quotes - Medium.ini - [InfoIndex2]: RegExp matching error (-1)"
Well, not sure what more I can tell you. The error message in the log is the clue... the response from the call to the cnbc.com site is returning something that doesn't match the expected response, so the data cannot be parsed. Thus you get nothing. You're going to need to debug this yourself if you want to get it working.

A tool like RainRegExp (and the accompanying tutorial) can be of great help in these cases. You can set the Debug=2 option on one of the WebParser measures to capture the response to a file and use that, or just use the URL that the skin is using (for example, https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/.SPX). You can post your website dump file here if you still need help.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Wildcard777 wrote: June 14th, 2021, 9:50 pm Just getting null values. All I tried changing here were the stock labels for the first two. So pretty much out of the box this is what I've always been faced with.
I suggest you download the skin again and check that it really is working "out of the box" - it certainly works for me. If the skin doesn't work you may need to assign a new UserAgent string. To find out the UserAgent string for your browser, you can connect to WhatIsMyBrowser ( https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-is-my-user-agent ) and then paste the string it returns at the bottom of the CNBC-8,inc file:

Once the freshly downloaded skin is working with the default stock prices I suggest you open CNBC-8.inc and change the first index to

Code: Select all

Nindex1=Testing
Symbol1=.SPX
Assuming that still works, start entering the names and symbols you are interested in. Pay particular attention to the presence or absence of a fullstop or period ('.') at the front of the symbol. The omission or addition of '.' is a common source or errors.
grimbergen

Post by grimbergen »

Hi, I'm new to rainmeter and need some help downloading your skin.

I went to your deviantart page but it said to come here, but there is no link here to download it. I also tried the rainmeterhub but it just links to the deviantart page.

I can see your post with the link to the horizontal version, but I'm looking for the original vertical stack.

Can you assist a noob? Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

grimbergen wrote: June 27th, 2021, 7:58 pm Hi, I'm new to rainmeter and need some help downloading your skin.

I went to your deviantart page but it said to come here, but there is no link here to download it. I also tried the rainmeterhub but it just links to the deviantart page.

I can see your post with the link to the horizontal version, but I'm looking for the original vertical stack.

Can you assist a noob? Thanks!
The download button on the DA page is there... but DeviantArt now requires you to join to be able to download. If you are not a member, the download button will not be shown.
grimbergen

Post by grimbergen »

SilverAzide wrote: June 28th, 2021, 12:42 am The download button on the DA page is there... but DeviantArt now requires you to join to be able to download. If you are not a member, the download button will not be shown.
Thank you! Got it now set up; works great!
spaticles

Post by spaticles »

Hey! I'm looking through these INIs and can't quite figure out how this is setup. I'm trying to figure out how to add a couple new columns to track my actual positions here, with my total portfolio $ and my change in cash value of the stocks, etc...and obviously have some basic formulas using those column variables. They would all be hard-coded values in the INI, so not scraped dynamically. How would I go about adding just a few extra columns for this?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

spaticles wrote: July 14th, 2021, 1:28 am Hey! I'm looking through these INIs and can't quite figure out how this is setup. I'm trying to figure out how to add a couple new columns to track my actual positions here, with my total portfolio $ and my change in cash value of the stocks, etc...and obviously have some basic formulas using those column variables. They would all be hard-coded values in the INI, so not scraped dynamically. How would I go about adding just a few extra columns for this?
Well, your request is going to involve quite a bit of effort if you don't know how Rainmeter skins work. It's not like just stuffing a few extra columns into an Excel spreadsheet...

The first thing you will need are Calc measures to calculate whatever formulas you need, at least one per row depending on what you want to do. You're going to want to create variables to hold your positions in each stock and so forth, one for every row. Do this first before you try anything else; forget about the display for now, you can get to that later. The About window will show you how your calcs are working.

Once you have that working, then you can tackle the meters (the display). You can use String meters to display the values you want, where you want them. You can follow the existing techniques used in the skin to add the meters (one per value, unless you want to combine things).

This is not a 5 minute job, so you will have to put in some effort.
spaticles

Post by spaticles »

Thanks. I'm gonna take a look at it and see what I can do. Appreciate it.