It is currently June 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

Well, my refusal to believe that they would not randomly and in an arbitrary way deliver two different versions of the JSON is unshakable. I could see them "deprecating" V2, and having a way to "ask for it", if you had an older system that was using the old format and wanted to stay with it. I can't see just a roll of the dice on this, that just doesn't make sense.

In any case, I guess we can cross that bridge when we come to it. I have not seen any sign of V2 for at least a week, and if it was something that was really happening, the forums would be flooded (again) with "Whaaa! My weather skin stopped working!" posts, I'm not seeing that.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: June 10th, 2020, 2:24 pm Well, my refusal to believe that they would not randomly and in an arbitrary way deliver two different versions of the JSON is unshakable. I could see them "deprecating" V2, and having a way to "ask for it", if you had an older system that was using the old format and wanted to stay with it. I can't see just a roll of the dice on this, that just doesn't make sense.

In any case, I guess we can cross that bridge when we come to it. I have not seen any sign of V2 for at least a week, and if it was something that was really happening, the forums would be flooded (again) with "Whaaa! My weather skin stopped working!" posts, I'm not seeing that.
I get what you mean, I was only pointing out that making sense or the strength of one's beliefs is not what makes things likely to happen or not. Sometimes things happen, although they defy logic and common sense. Anyway, let's hope that our unshakable beliefs will make our weather skins unshakable as well in the future, and that we won't have to apply temporary "fixes" for like a week or two until a solution is found - I'm all for that. :D
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

xenium wrote: June 4th, 2020, 7:27 pm If the weather skins don't work anymore, try :

https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/Windows-10-Weather-Enterprise-UPDATED-4-JUN-2020-801674472

It uses JSON data from the new Weather.com website

Note:
For me it seems to work and without UserAgent !
I thought I posted this earlier, but don't see it. If it was deleted or broke some rule, just let me know and I won't post it again. I'm having an issue with this updated code:

Is this just more issues with weather.com or is there something I can do?
bobalazs

Post by bobalazs »

[

NOTE: This version corrects the @Include files to reflect the new V3 version of the JSON code.

Weather.com_June 11, 2020.rmskin

Thank you for the quick update. working great.
xenium

Post by xenium »

nbtc971 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 4:19 am I thought I posted this earlier, but don't see it. If it was deleted or broke some rule, just let me know and I won't post it again. I'm having an issue with this updated code:

Is this just more issues with weather.com or is there something I can do?
I think the skin is Win10 Weather by Eclectic-Tech
For me everything is ok
You have an older version of the skin.
Download the latest version:

V 1.2020.06.10
Corrected spacing for days
Moon Phase on 2 lines when needed
Removed 'null' displays in Day1 high temp and wind gust tooltip
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

xenium wrote: June 12th, 2020, 6:37 am I think the skin is Win10 Weather by Eclectic-Tech
For me everything is ok
You have an older version of the skin.
Download the latest version:

V 1.2020.06.10
Corrected spacing for days
Moon Phase on 2 lines when needed
Removed 'null' displays in Day1 high temp and wind gust tooltip
Thank you, I had the version he posted the previous day and thought I was all set. :confused:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

nbtc971 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 11:46 am Thank you, I had the version he posted the previous day and thought I was all set. :confused:
I did make some "quick" spacing corrections... and now had time to go through the variants and make corrections.
I will be posting an update later today on my DA site that should eliminate the spacing issues. :welcome:

Thanks Xenium for the use of your regexp code, slightly modified and used here :rosegift:
mrpnut

Post by mrpnut »

HI all-- am new here and have been trying to read through this thread to figure out how to fix the weather skin I'm using that no longer seems to work with weather.com, but unfortunately some of it is a bit over my head with jsons etc... the skin I use is "VClouds Weather 2" -- I tried the method of clearing IE cache, waiting a minute, re-starting rainmeter, hitting refresh etc, but it doesn't work... does anyone happen to have any suggestions? Thank you!!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

mrpnut wrote: June 15th, 2020, 3:41 am HI all-- am new here and have been trying to read through this thread to figure out how to fix the weather skin I'm using that no longer seems to work with weather.com, but unfortunately some of it is a bit over my head with jsons etc... the skin I use is "VClouds Weather 2" -- I tried the method of clearing IE cache, waiting a minute, re-starting rainmeter, hitting refresh etc, but it doesn't work... does anyone happen to have any suggestions? Thank you!!
The author has posted an update HERE...
Note: You must be logged in (or create) your free DeviantArt account in order to download anything from that site.
mrpnut

Post by mrpnut »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 15th, 2020, 3:54 am The author has posted an update HERE...
Note: You must be logged in (or create) your free DeviantArt account in order to download anything from that site.
Thank you, didn't see they had updated it! That fixed the problem for me!