Clocks and timer skins
sgtevmckay

Maritime Clock

Post by sgtevmckay »

Maritime Bell Clock

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w7fic09si1x6pdj/Maritime.rmskin

PLEASE READ SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO

This skin is originally created for a friend in the Navy.
This clock sounds the Watch Bells on the Hour/half hour, in either traditional or modern Naval and Merchant Marine style.

Now for you folks that do not know what this is, it may just do nothing more than harass you, but for an old Navy boy/brat like me, I am reminded of those who serve, served, and will serve at sea.
especially as I miss the ocean.

This could make for an excellent training tool for those aspiring to be in the navy.

I can not vouch for the accuracy of the skins beyond the traditional, modern is a bit outside me area of Knowledge, so i took a guess.
There are a ton of notes in the skin's ini files.

So if I have error-ed, do not hesitate to tell me I screwed something up, and I will be glad to go in and fix it.

For our foreign Brothers and Sisters at sea, my apologies as I am not familiar with a lot of Naval customs, and times, but the skins are easily modified to your needs, and if need be, I can make the appropriate changes for you upon request and a link to some reference materials ;)

Depending on the response I get, I can assemble a full U.S. Navy training skin, to include Whistle and Horn Calls.
This would easily be made into a unique training tool.
Or even an active Intercom/PA tool through your laptop

You will need the Latest Rainmeter 2.0 (released 02/06/2010)

I WARN IN ADVANCE;

This skin will not be for everyone to be sure ;)

If you have thoughts, criticisms, adjustments I need to make, let me know

Regards
The Sarge