It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:14 am

DigitalAnalog Clock

Clocks and timer skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

DigitalAnalog Clock

Post by balala »

This skin is a simple clock, which can be set to show digitally the date, hours, minutes and seconds.
Features:
  • Click to the center of the clock, to show / hide the roundlines on the hands and the appropriate strings (hours, minutes, seconds and date).
  • Click to the lines (or numbers) of the clock, to change them from lines to arabic, respectively roman numerals.
  • Click to the roundline of the hours hand, to switch between the 24 and 12 hours format.
  • Click to the roundline of the minutes hand, to rotate all numbers.
  • Click to the up and down arrows, to increase, respectively decrease the size of the clock.
Attachments
DigitalAnalog Clock_1.rmskin
(22.33 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
Last edited by balala on May 27th, 2016, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: DigitalAnalog Clock

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:lol playing with time again :) nice job balala
How do you know? You didn't download it yet, isn't it?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Good job!

One minor thing... I do not have Wingdings 3 font installed, so I see the letters instead of arrows for size.
I changed to Webdings font and use '6' and '5' for arrows.

You might want to include the font... :D

Sorry for nitpicking... it seems to be contagious :p
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Good job!

One minor thing... I do not have Wingdings 3 font installed, so I see the letters instead of arrows for size.
I changed to Webdings font and use '6' and '5' for arrows.

You might want to include the font... :D

Sorry for nitpicking... it seems to be contagious :p
You're right and now the initial upload is fixed. Please download it again.
Sorry...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:the '2016' is not showing only '...'
Try to widen the [MeterDate] meter, changing its W option from W=(0.25*#Radius#), to a larger value (eg W=(0.28*#Radius#) or W=(0.3*#Radius#)).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:but if it comes in month 10 we have again a issue getting 2 big for the space :D
increasing the ring or breaking it up could help
Playing with the same options and with the options of the [MeterCenter0] and [MeterCenter] meters, you'll be able to fix this.
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

Nice job!

Out of curiosity: can you explain me why you use in [Meter2] the number 4 in X and Y position?

Code: Select all

X=((0.93*#Radius#)*(1+sin(2*4*PI/#Num#))+(0.07*#Radius#))
Y=((0.93*#Radius#)*(1+cos(2*4*PI/#Num#))+(0.07*#Radius#))

Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

FreeRaider wrote:Out of curiosity: can you explain me why you use in [Meter2] the number 4 in X and Y position?

Code: Select all

X=((0.93*#Radius#)*(1+sin(2*4*PI/#Num#))+(0.07*#Radius#))
Y=((0.93*#Radius#)*(1+cos(2*4*PI/#Num#))+(0.07*#Radius#))
The [Meter2] is showing the number 2 onto the clock face. The position of this meter is calculated using the sinus function (for the X coordinate) and respectively the cosinus function (for the Y coordinate). On these formulas the 4/#Num# report represents the percent of the angle in the center of the circle, associated with the position of the number 2, from the whole 2*PI (which is the entire circle). Multiplying this percent with 2*PI, we'll get the angle where the number 2 must sit, in raport to the 0 position. Just note that in the position of the angle 0, is placed the number 6, which has in its formulas the 2*12*PI/#Num# expression. This last expression is in fact equal with 2*PI, because the value of the Num variable is 12 (because we have 12 numbers on the face of the clock), but from the point of view of the meters position, this is the same as 0 (sinus and cosinus being periodic functions, their values are repeating with a period of 2*PI). Then the number used to calculate the position of the number 5, is 1, that used to calculate the position of the number 4, is 2 and so on. And that's why the number used to calculated the position of the number 2, is 4.
I'm not sure I could explain this in the best terms, but I hope you understood. However if you didn't or have any other question about the functions I've used, please let me know.