Re: Polar Clock

Post by G33k »

sgtevmckay wrote: Image
Onion heaaaad kawaaaiiiii >__<
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Small update: I found a way to make the second circle move smoothly instead of jumping every second. Download is still at the first post if you're curious.
ImageImageImageImage
karmat

Post by karmat »

Really nice work, Alex!
dav11

Post by dav11 »

Alex2539 wrote:I know what you're thinking, there have been a bunch of "specialized" clocks lately, why do we need another? Answer: because the purpose of Rainmeter is to put as many time-telling devices on your desktop at once. And so, I give you the Polar Clock.
[/url]
Hehe. :clap:

Very nice skin my friend.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

The skin has been updated thanks to the renewed interest from this topic.
ImageImageImageImage
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Alex2539 wrote:The skin has been updated thanks to the renewed interest from this topic.
Thank you sir 8-)
Implicit_

Post by Implicit_ »

Hi, I started a thread recently about Arcs and if i was able to make the second, minute, and hour hand move at a consistant speed around the clock, and i was directed to look at your creation. After having a look at the code, as a n00b at rainmeter coder, it's seems impossible (or at least a really complex work around). I was wondering if i could have your input in the matter? and if you think its possible?

Ive been able to turn your seconds, minutes and hours bars into hands by changing a few simple things (LineStart and linelength), and they work fine, turning smoothly. but now i just need to take that and put it into Arc, which is where im having problems.

Below should be the messed up Arcs file and my edited PolarClock with hands instead of bars, just in case anyone wants to mess around with it too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yw2ttztnjnk

http://www.mediafire.com/?jrlqv0rmcnz

Thanks
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

All you need to do to arcs to make the clock smooth is add this measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureSecond]
Measure=Time
Format=%S
AverageSize=10
MinValue=0
MaxValue=60
Then, find [MeterSeconds] and [MeterSecondsBar] and change MeasureName to MeasureSecond. Next, go to the top of the skin and change Update to 100. Finally, under every measure that's not [MesureSecond], Add the line "UpdateDivider=10". That last bit is important because in order to get the smooth motion, we need to increase the rate at which the skin updates. However, doing so will cause every measure to update that often, which we don't want (it's an unnecessary strain on your PC). To remedy this, UpdateDivider tells Rainmeter to update it 10 times slower, bringing it back to once per second like it was.

Note, that doing this will cause the seconds hand to swing around back to zero every minute. This is unavoidable with this method for smooth animation. When I made the Polar Clock, I actually enjoyed the effect since it mimicked the original screensaver.

Also, if you find that the skin is suddenly a drag on your CPU, you can increase the value of Update and decrease the values of AverageSize on [MeasureSecond] and UpdateDivider on the rest of the measures. Always make sure that AverageSize x Update = 1000.
ImageImageImageImage
Implicit_

Post by Implicit_ »

Thanks for the help Alex, but it still doesnt work. But i think it's nearly there though, when the Second hand swings back, its swings back smoothly when i change the update to 10 and the Averagesize to 100, but otherwise it still ticks in seconds. I've tried it on a default Arcs.ini (well, DarkArcs.ini) just in case i changed anything before it, but no luck. Is there any other way of doing it? or do i have to enable something in the config/settings?

Thanks in advance