It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:31 am

Neon Clock 1.2

Clocks and timer skins
Seahorse

Neon Clock 1.2

Post by Seahorse »

I wanted to create something simple and stylish. The first pass used bitmaps for arms and hour markers etc, but didn't look right and I needed to make lots of different colour versions which was a pain and pretty difficult as I am colour-blind.

So I replaced the arms and markers with roundlines and started again. I was tempted to simply have a bunch or skin variants, but it was neater to toggle styles in one skin. I have re-cycled Smurfiers excellent roundline code for the seconds (again). 8-)
Last edited by Seahorse on June 1st, 2013, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Seahorse

Re: Neon Clock 1.1

Post by Seahorse »

Changes the code for the hour markers, added a second variation and black & white versions.
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Seahorse

Re: Neon Clock 1.2

Post by Seahorse »

Autoscale ftw!

This was considerably more difficult to to implement mouse scaling due to the the need to have one variable as a figure and another as a calc. Once I deleted the later and moved the calc (which changed because it was now based on the first variable) to the measure I overcame the last hurdle with the skin. Essentially you set the default size as a number in one variable and the remainder of the skin uses calcs to scale from that - roundlines, fonts and even the one bitmap for the 3D gloss effect.

Armed with what I leaned converting Neon Clocks I am pretty sure I can make the round meters in my Dashboard skin do the same... 8-)
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt