It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:06 pm

Google Calendar Skin

Clocks and timer skins
miniorty

Google Calendar Skin

Post by miniorty »

Google Calendar Skin

-Displays the next three events on your google calendar.
sgtevmckay

Re: Google Calendar Skin

Post by sgtevmckay »

Great work :D
bgk

Post by bgk »

I seem to be only able to view the events as 'busy' and not the names or locations.

In google calendar I have it set to view publicly with share only free/busy (have changed this but nothing shows up if I do) and have tried both the public and private xml url's.

Any ideas? It seems it's a problem with my google account settings that I can't find the right ones.

Great work by the way! One of the most useful skins to be produced I'd say

EDIT: And yes. I did get rid of the /basic :P
miniorty

Post by miniorty »

bgk wrote:I seem to be only able to view the events as 'busy' and not the names or locations.

In google calendar I have it set to view publicly with share only free/busy (have changed this but nothing shows up if I do) and have tried both the public and private xml url's.

Any ideas? It seems it's a problem with my google account settings that I can't find the right ones.

Great work by the way! One of the most useful skins to be produced I'd say

EDIT: And yes. I did get rid of the /basic :P
I have only tested the skin with private urls. I assume you refreshed the skin after trying the private urls.

What exactly is the skin displaying? Also if you just open the private xml link in firefox [anything that reads xml] what do you get?
bgk

Post by bgk »

The skin only displays the background, and divider. no text.

My private url chrome is:
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/blakekehler@hotmail.com/private-0ce8ba0a81a76247ae27dd97af02da15

and in firefox is:
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/blakekehler%40hotmail.com/private-0ce8ba0a81a76247ae27dd97af02da15

I've tried using both but no luck yet with either.
miniorty

Post by miniorty »

Post you calendar.ini file. Those links are working fine for me.
bgk

Post by bgk »

Hm.. I just booted up my computer and it worked fine for a second. But now only displays the Location.

Curiouser and curiouser

EDIT: Disregard this for now. I've deleted the account with google for other reasons and will work on this later.
Thanks for the skin and the help. Can't wait to get everything sorted out and working
ng0ofy

Post by ng0ofy »

It's nice work!
But this (above) calendar.ini doesn't working for me! The rainmeter says: "Section [StringStyle1] is not a meter or a measure!" I think you want to solve the text type problem with a new way, that my computer doesn't love :D

I use the rainmeter until two days and i like it! But I couldn't setup my googlecalendar in RSS reader skins. All my hope is your skin!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ng0ofy wrote:It's nice work!
But this (above) calendar.ini doesn't working for me! The rainmeter says: "Section [StringStyle1] is not a meter or a measure!" I think you want to solve the text type problem with a new way, that my computer doesn't love :D

I use the rainmeter until two days and i like it! But I couldn't setup my googlecalendar in RSS reader skins. All my hope is your skin!
That is taking advantage of a new feature called "MeterStyles". It only works with one of the newer beta versions of Rainmeter at: http://code.google.com/p/rainmeter/downloads/list

r233 is the latest one just now, but there should be a brand new one by the end of this weekend.
ng0ofy

Post by ng0ofy »

Thanks!

It works, but only shows the location of the three task.