It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:03 am

Simplicity Circles

Skins that monitor system information
FlyingHyrax

Simplicity Circles

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Simplicity Circles

Inspired by Kaelri/DarkPainAHK's Simplicity suite
I've always been a fan of Simplicity, but I wanted it to have Roundline meters. Hence came this. Though a lot of the resemblance got lost in transition, I suppose.

All of the variables/settings are configurable through the "Settings.ini" skin. You can change the circle size (the "height" variable), the width allotted to the skins, font sizes, all of the colors, and whether the skins are aligned to the left or to the right; as well as user specific info like weather location code, media player, and drive letters.

Credits/shout out to:
DarkPain-AHK
Kaelri
JSMorley
Poiru

Click through to my deviant art page for a list of included skins and more notes on configuration.

A few thoughts from the development side:
- I'm super glad that the "Rainmeter" at the beginning of bangs is now optional. This saves so much time (and space! less side-scrolling!)
- The new NowPlaying plugin is just fantastic. I refrained from making media player skins myself in the past, because I would either have to pick one player or make a bunch of separate skins for every supported player. No longer.
- The roundline meter in the weather skin shows the current temperature relative to today's forecasted low and high. Super simple to implement, but I had never thought of it before and it seems so obvious in hindsight...
- I made a skin that can search for and set your weather.com/yahoo.com location code. Uses this. As nice as it is, it might have to go in the next update due to legal concerns - it's super annoying that even with the legal usage developments, weather.com still seems like the most comprehensive and easiest to implement source for weather info. That's a different forum thread though.
- This was also my first ever use of CoreTemp with Rainmeter. Nice program, nice plugin. Does what it says on the tin and runs light.
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Simplicity Circles

Post by Kaelri »

This looks really good - not just visually, but, as I look through it, code-wise. Very tight, very clean, true to its roots. I actually borrowed what you did for [mBatteryCord] to solve a problem I'd been having with a new Enigma feature. (The insane workaround I was using before will never now see the light of day.)

Anyway, well done. :)
FlyingHyrax

Re: Simplicity Circles

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Kaelri wrote:This looks really good - not just visually, but, as I look through it, code-wise. Very tight, very clean, true to its roots. I actually borrowed what you did for [mBatteryCord] to solve a problem I'd been having with a new Enigma feature. (The insane workaround I was using before will never now see the light of day.)

Anyway, well done. :)
Thanks Kaelri! This means a lot coming from you (one of the masters, so to speak). :)
Between Enigma and Simplicity, you pretty much taught me how to use @Include. :D

I'm glad you like the skins... and I'm also irrationally excited that a snippet of my code might end up in Enigma.
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt