It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:33 pm

Projekt 1.2.1

Skins that monitor system information
sa1nt4ch

Projekt 1.2.1

Post by sa1nt4ch »

Here is the third version of my Skin that I'm happy to share.

I did a redesigne of my System Meter, Version 1.2.1 has now even more details. I tryed to keep the estatic that is best viewed when running. The previous versions are still here, but I'm much happyer with Version 1.2.1

Let me know what you think
Projekt Screen.png
Version 1.2
Projekt 1_2.png
Version 1.1
Screen V2.png
Version 1
Screen.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sa1nt4ch on October 3rd, 2021, 5:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
sa1nt4ch

Re: Projekt

Post by sa1nt4ch »

I made some quick mockup to see how to evolve the design. I also thinking of dropping the indicators on the right side, or at least get rid of the numbers and make the indicators much smaler.

Any ideas
Screen2.png
Screen3.png
Screen4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sa1nt4ch

Post by sa1nt4ch »

I uploaded Version 1.1

Much happyer with it.
sa1nt4ch

Post by sa1nt4ch »

So I finished my 3 version. This it it for a while. I dont think I'm going to change anithing of it any time soon.

But I'm still open for ideas. 8-)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

sa1nt4ch wrote: September 29th, 2021, 3:00 pm So I finished my 3 version. This it it for a while. I dont think I'm going to change anithing of it any time soon.

But I'm still open for ideas. 8-)
Okay, here are a few of my thought on your Projekt skin.

I like the amount of information provided by your Projekt skin, but (for me) the moving graphics behind the text is too distracting :uhuh:

I might suggest changing your ColorFill=0,0,0,100 to ColorFill=0,0,0,200 and removing the ImageName in the 5 "[...Bar_Background]" sections of your skin; this leaves a non-moving color behind the text details and makes them easier to see.

projekt.png
The title names for your graphs can sometimes exceed the width of your skin (my video graphics card for example); I would suggest adding ClipString=1 and settings a width to [Style4] which is used for those titles; set the width to a value that keeps the text inside the background. There are several other areas in the network that use that style, so you may need to make sure they are not adversely affected.

I like your use of ColorMatrix and the moving PCB graphic... very interesting!
sa1nt4ch

Post by sa1nt4ch »

Thanx for your thoughts, I noticed it to, that the skin loses its readability when the background is lighter or bussier. I finde the moving background of the skin the appealing part, thats why I chose to make the transparancy so low, but an increase would help the readability, so I'm torn.

About the titles I look into the Cliping I'll make it work. :-)
I like your use of ColorMatrix and the moving PCB graphic... very interesting!
The whole idea for the skin evolved around the idea of the moving PCB, I had quite some fun with the Color Matrix.

I updated the Skin to 1.2.1, if the moving background is to distracting just increase CollorFill3 the transparancy value.