It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:19 am

Advanced CPU monitoring [UPDATED 22/10/18]

Skins that monitor system information
kyriakos876

Advanced CPU monitoring [UPDATED 22/10/18]

Post by kyriakos876 »

I made this skin that provides a per-core monitoring ability that supports an infinite (theoretically) amount of CPU cores.
If you have anything more than 2 cores and 2 threads, do let me know how it works.
Preview.png
I will be adding much more stuff to the skin (with the dark theme coming up next almost ready)
I'm posting this mainly for feedback on different processors.

Needs CoreTemp to be installed and running to work properly, this can be downloaded from here: CoreTemp
(select to start on boot but minimized so you don't have to minimize it every time you boot your PC)

Get it from here
:welcome: :welcome:

For the changelog see the description here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kyriakos876 on October 22nd, 2018, 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Advanced CPU monitoring

Post by jsmorley »

Seems ok to me. I had to refresh the skin one time to get it to change from 4 CPU's to my actual 8 CPU's, but then it was fine.
1.png
2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: October 21st, 2018, 5:42 pm Seems ok to me. I had to refresh the skin one time to get it to change from 4 CPU's to my actual 8 CPU's, but then it was fine.

1.png

2.png
Oh I'll fix the refresh thing, I forgot it.
Also, is there a specific reason that the temperatures aren't showing?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 5:50 pm Oh I'll fix the refresh thing, I forgot it.
Also, is there a specific reason that the temperatures aren't showing?
I didn't configure the HWiNFO settings in it. I'm sure they would work fine.

My CPU only has one temperature sensor. It doesn't have one for each core.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:03 pm I didn't configure the HWiNFO settings in it. I'm sure they would work fine.

My CPU only has one temperature sensor. It doesn't have one for each core.
oh okay
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Oh I see. You are using CoreTemp. Yeah, I don't have that installed.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 5:37 pm If you have anything more than 2 cores and 2 threads, do let me know how it works.
It works all right for me to. But you should have to notify the users that for temperature measurement, the skin uses the CoreTemp app and the associated plugin. CoreTemp has to run in background. Otherwise it is ok.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:03 pm My CPU only has one temperature sensor. It doesn't have one for each core.
Is this common? If so, I might want to add an alternate CPU temperature display to my skin.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

raiguard wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:19 pm Is this common? If so, I might want to add an alternate CPU temperature display to my skin.
It's 100% common for me. No idea how common otherwise.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

balala wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:18 pm It works all right for me to. But you should have to notify the users that for temperature measurement, the skin uses the CoreTemp app and the associated plugin. CoreTemp has to run in background. Otherwise it is ok.
It says in the description that it uses CoreTemp to work. The plugin is implemented in Rainmeter, isn't it?