It is currently April 20th, 2024, 10:02 am

illustro Processes Patch

Skins that monitor system information
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

illustro Processes Patch

Post by eclectic-tech »

:17spot2 Top 5 CPU Processes Percentage | Top 5 CPU Processes Memory | Top 5 CPU Processes Percentage & Memory :17spot1

:17dot7 The 'ProcessesCPU.ini' skin shows the top 5 CPU processes by percentage and total CPU usage.
:17dot7 The 'ProcessesMem.ini' skin show top 5 CPU processes memory usage and total number of processes.
:17dot7 The 'ProcessesCPU-MEM.ini' skin show top 5 CPU processes by percentage and memory usage.

This patch will not change your current illustro installation; it adds the 3 processes skin to your current package.
This will create a 'Processes' folder in your 'illustro' folder with 3 new skins: ProcessesCPU.ini, ProcessesMem.ini, and ProcessesCPU-MEM.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eclectic-tech on December 28th, 2017, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustro Processes Patch

Post by SilverAzide »

Hi Eclectic-Tech! Thanks for the new patches! I've been thinking of doing skins like this too.

I have a couple questions tho...

The Memory skin (ProcessesMem.ini) seems somehow "off" compared to the other two. One minor typo I noticed is this:

[Number3]
MeasureName=MeasureTopMem4

But the main strangeness is the memory values in this skin aren't correct and don't match the "CPU-MEM" skin (or Resource Monitor).
TopProc1.jpg
Notice that every memory value is low by a factor of slightly less than 4 (??). I diffed the skins and the only difference I see is that the memory skin doesn't use AutoScale=1, whereas the others do. I added this and it seems to fix the issue. Scale and AutoScale are supposed to be mutually exclusive, but both are used in lots of cases... so maybe Scale should be used on the percentage meters and autoscale=1 on the memory meters?

Also, I see the following quite frequently... where the same process appears more than once. Is this just a quirk where the processes change order during the Rainmeter measures' refresh cycle?
TopProc2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for the feedback SilverAzide.

Yes, I was "Frankensteining" these skins together from several other authors, poiru's illustro design and Pul53dr1v3r's illustro Pulsar, first with up to 10 values and then reduced to top 5.

Thanks for catching the typo and strangeness in the memory skin. That should be correct now. :oops:

As for the Scale versus AutoScale, if Scale is used AutoScale is ignored, but I found that AutoScale would still supply the proper scale values (k, M, etc.) to the meter. Don't know if it the correct way, but it seem to work for me. :???:

Some of the double listing may be due to residual readings that do not overwrite the previous data. Some are due to multiple processes. I will look at eliminating that issue in another update. :)

Thanks again for taking the time to double-check my work. I do appreciate it! :great:

Updated the package in the first post with these corrections.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If you have both Scale and AutoScale on a String meter, AutoScale wins... Scale is ignored. It might look like Scale is also being applied, but that is just rounding. By default, AutoScale is displayed with one decimal point of precision and rounded. Add some NumOfDecimals and you will see that it's really AutoScale that is controlling things.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeasureCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=2000

[MeterScale]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCalc
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
NumOfDecimals=1
Scale=1000

[MeterAutoScale1Dec]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCalc
Y=5R
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
NumOfDecimals=1
AutoScale=1

[MeterBoth3Dec]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCalc
Y=5R
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
NumOfDecimals=3
Scale=1000
AutoScale=1
1.png
So while in the second meter the auto scaling to 1.95 will be rounded to 2.0 to display with one decimal place, when you add some more decimals, you will see that it is really 1.953125. The Scale of 1000 is never used.

Scale is "fixed". If you use Scale=1024 it will simply be divided by 1024 and will always represent kbytes, no matter how large or small the number. If you use Scale=1048576 it will always represent megabytes, no matter how large or small the number. If you use AutoScale=1, then the result is based on how many "powers" of 1024 the number can be divided by, again by default rounded to one decimal place.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for the details!

"Live & Learn!" :17readbook
Still learning the nuances of Rainmeter!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:Thanks for the details!

"Live & Learn!" :17readbook
Still learning the nuances of Rainmeter!
Me too...