It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:53 pm

Analog Network Gauge

Skins that monitor system information
raidho36

Analog Network Gauge

Post by raidho36 »

Hello, fellow skinmakers! I'd like to present you the network meter. This is, in fact, second network meter I've made, but I've never finished the previous one, and as I created it mainly just for myself it wasn't very pretty visually, but it was only for tracking instant network state, so it was good enough. This second one is waaaay better than last one.

First, it has this cool analog gauge in it, it's really a lot easier to track gauge value with analog mechanical thing rather than with digital display. The only thing you have to get used to is that it's logarithmical, that is the further it goes, the bigger is span between equally distanced marks, but that really helps keeping it precise at small speeds. Then, it has that counter (that I added just about now so the gauge is actually complete and I can post it) that counts megabytes sent and received.

I usually keep it on top of all windows with hide on rollover enabled, but when I have an option, I just move it to another monitor which wouldn't normally be entirely occupied.

Please direct your feedback, if any, to DeviantART page.
Last edited by raidho36 on August 8th, 2013, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Analog Network Gauge

Post by jsmorley »

Holy crap. A lot of thought and work went into this one. Nice job.
thatsIch

Re: Analog Network Gauge

Post by thatsIch »

wow... amazing