It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:39 am

Desktop 4/19/11 - "4color"

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Falconer

Desktop 4/19/11 - "4color"

Post by Falconer »

...or "4colour," if you prefer. :)

Notes:
I've been using Start Killer for while now and really love it (see link below). I keep my taskbar (Windows 7 x64) clean - no pinned apps, "small" icons, never combined. To launch something, WinKey+ type part of the name, and open applications get a nice wide target on the bottom of the screen. Also, hiding the start orb has the side benefit of not having to change it to match themes or wallpapers, since it just isn't there. :lazy:

The enormous "notes.rtf" is big and ugly on purpose. I don't let myself get rid of it, so it's always there... clashing... a dreadful reminder of unfinished business. :-(

The Rainmeter skins are intentionally simple, only showing very certain information. For instance, I don't care at all about my hard drive space, don't run anything that requires monitoring of Core temps, and even though I have a dual core, only care about total cpu usage... so there is not an excess of info.

Of course, no setup is ever complete... I might add a little weather forecast skin, play around with hiding more bits of my system tray, and adding a few click actions to the skins. I just don't want it to get too crowded, and I like how clean it looks right now while having a splash of color. Come to look at it again... I might flip the wallpaper back to the left... looks a little lopsided. :uhuh:

Creds:
4 Colour Rainbow by Eurux (wall, modified)
Windows 7 Blend by zainadeel (VS)
Start Killer (self-explanatory)
WallDone by Audidounette (inspiration)

On DevArt:
Last edited by Falconer on April 22nd, 2011, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jarhead

Re: Desktop 4/19/11 - "4color"

Post by Jarhead »

Excuse me, probably it's me being a bit idiot at this time in the morning, but I can't find a screenshot of your setup ^ :confused:
Scolex

Post by Scolex »

Jarhead wrote:Excuse me, probably it's me being a bit idiot at this time in the morning, but I can't find a screenshot of your setup ^ :confused:
It isn't you the url for his screen shot is a https dropbox link (secure no go).
Falconer

Post by Falconer »

My bad guys, I seem to have misunderstood Dropbox's images folder... I'll be fixing that... :oops:

Should work now. Also added link to my DeviantART as a backup. :?
skalude

Post by skalude »

Looks awesome. I dig the simplicity. That's how I keep my real desk too.
donkee

Post by donkee »

OK I've been trying to recreate this for a couple days now, but I can't seem to get it to work right...
How do you get your bar labels to line up with the bottoms of the bar? I have a String meter on each, but I don't know how to make it so they adjust their position with the bottoms of the bars. I also can't get the data measures to adjust their position to stay at the same point relative to the bottom of the bars.
Am I missing something? I've never used Rainmeter before, let alone made a skin. I want to add some other measures to mine, that's why the colors are different.
bg.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Klexur

Post by Klexur »

For the most part I think I managed to replicate the skin but with the added functionality of the bars and text moving. This was my first time doing this and it is mostly to help out anybody else interested. If there are any bugs, let me know and I can try to fix them ;-)
RainbowBars.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The quiet and inquisitive one.