It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:21 pm

xT Control Console 1.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Sam12345

Re: xT Control Console 1.0

Post by Sam12345 »

Thanks!
Whatever sound I put in, it plays the normal windows sound that plays when volume is changed, however Im fine with that, it sounds alright.
I modified it so it matches the other skins, but its still not perfect. How could I improve it?

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
MouseScrollDownAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume -#Step#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio"][!UpdateMeter "MeterVolLevel"][!Redraw]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume #Step#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio"][!UpdateMeter "MeterVolLevel"][!Redraw]
BackgroundMode=1
AccurateText=1
@Include=#@#BaseBubble.inc
Group=SYS_Bubbles

[Variables]
Sound=#@#C:\Users\spost\Documents\Rainmeter\Pot sounds\deduction-588.wav
Step=2
@IncludeVars=#@#SharedVars.inc

[StringStyle]
Meter=Shape
MeterStyle=styleGaugeBackMedium
X=40
Y=40
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureWin7Audio]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Win7AudioPlugin

[MeterVolUp]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=35
Y=10
Text=[\x2206]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume #Step#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio"][!UpdateMeter "MeterVolLevel"][!Redraw]

[MeterVolLevel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=-12r
Y=23r
Text=[MeasureWin7Audio:]%
LeftMouseUpAction=[Play "#Sound#"]

[MeterVolDown]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=12r
Y=20r
Text=[\x2207]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume -#Step#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio"][!UpdateMeter "MeterVolLevel"][!Redraw]
Additionally, I could't put the meter in to show the volume, how do i do that?
Insert inspirational quote here
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 8:25 pm Whatever sound I put in, it plays the normal windows sound that plays when volume is changed, however Im fine with that, it sounds alright.
Yep, because the path given in the Sound variable ([Variables] section) is wrong for sure. The .wav file is either in the @Resources folder (in which case you have to use the #@# variable, which returns the path of the @Resources folder within the config you're working with) or the precise path (but in the case #@# shouldn't be there). I suppose the location of the deduction-588.wav file is C:\Users\spost\Documents\Rainmeter\Pot sounds\deduction-588.wav, but in this case you have to remove the #@#. So replace the Sound=#@#C:\Users\spost\Documents\Rainmeter\Pot sounds\deduction-588.wav variable with Sound=C:\Users\spost\Documents\Rainmeter\Pot sounds\deduction-588.wav (if my guess about the location of file is correct).
Sam12345 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 8:25 pm I modified it so it matches the other skins, but its still not perfect. How could I improve it?

Additionally, I could't put the meter in to show the volume, how do i do that?
Not sure I understand what do you mean by these. What the "its still not perfect" does mean? Does it work? I suppose it does, but what the problem is with it?
And what do you mean by "could't put the meter in to show the volume"? The code i posted does show the volume as percentage ([MeterVolLevel] meter). What had you to put?
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

Thanks, the sound is correct now :thumbup:
I edited so it matches the other skins, but the colors and fonts are wrong, and I cant correct it. I also had in mind the blue meter (that in other skins shows the CPU load, download speed etc) showing the volume.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:23 pm Thanks, the sound is correct now :thumbup:
Alright, great.
Sam12345 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:23 pm I edited so it matches the other skins, but the colors and fonts are wrong, and I cant correct it. I also had in mind the blue meter (that in other skins shows the CPU load, download speed etc) showing the volume.
Dunno, especially that I don't have the skins you're talking about, but don't even know which ones those skins are. So pack them please and upload the package here.
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

It is in audio, called "volume.ini"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:48 pm It is in audio, called "volume.ini"
Sorry for the late reply.
You created a [StringStyle] meter, which is a Shape meter. Not sure why did you name it [StringStyle]. Although it's not forbiden, usually a section which has the Style expression in its name is not a good idea to be a meter. Anyway now the [MeterVolUp], [MeterVolLevel] and [MeterVolDown] meter have no style applied, because the [StringStyle] section in meantime became a meter.
Since there can't be two sections with the same name, recommend you to add a new section, for instance [MyStringStyle] and modify the MeterStyle options of the above mentioned three String meters accordingly. I also moved a little bit these meters. Here is what I got (posting just the newly added and the updated sections):

[MyStringStyle]
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=CenterCenter
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterVolUp]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=MyStringStyle
X=40
Y=20
Text=[\x2206]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume #Step#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio"][!UpdateMeter "MeterVolLevel"][!Redraw]

[MeterVolLevel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=MyStringStyle
X=0r
Y=20r

[MeterVolDown]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=MyStringStyle
X=0r
Y=20r
Text=[\x2207]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume -#Step#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio"][!UpdateMeter "MeterVolLevel"][!Redraw]
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

Sorry for my late reply at well, I was busy with ton work :D
I copied this into my code, and i went to other codes to see the formatting, but they dont have - they use "styleTextValue", but I cant find it anywhere?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 9:03 pm Sorry for my late reply at well, I was busy with ton work :D
I copied this into my code, and i went to other codes to see the formatting, but they dont have - they use "styleTextValue", but I cant find it anywhere?
The [styleTextValue] section is placed into the xT-cc\@Resources\BaseBubble.inc file.
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

So i changed it to the right value from the resources folder, and it looks great, but now it is not showing the volume level. The volume edit keys still work, and clicking it plays the sound, it just doesn't show the volume.
I didn't change the code besides for the "meterStyle"

[MeterVolLevel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=styleTextValue
X=r
Y=23r
i cant see anything wrong?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Sam12345 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 9:54 pm So i changed it to the right value from the resources folder, and it looks great, but now it is not showing the volume level. The volume edit keys still work, and clicking it plays the sound, it just doesn't show the volume.
I didn't change the code besides for the "meterStyle"

[MeterVolLevel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=styleTextValue
X=r
Y=23r
i cant see anything wrong?
You need DynamicVariables=1 since you are using a [SectionVariable]