It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:38 pm

Tablet Companion with Audio Reporter

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Likon

Tablet Companion with Audio Reporter

Post by Likon »

A Rainmeter skin to use on a tablet in order to control music, check statistics of your pc and to stream audio levels to an RGB led controller.

Previews
Preview1.png
Motivation
Have you ever felt like you have some really cool Rainmeter theme setup on your desktop which you are really proud of, with all the gadgets to control music, check stats and a fancy music visualizer to top it all up, buuuuut... in the end you spend 99% of your time without even seeing your desktop because you are allways using your browser or any other app maximized.

At least I did, and that gave me the idea of repurposing an old tablet to use side by side with my computer, use it as a second screen and build a Rainmeter theme to fit into it. Furthermore, I recently built a circuit to control a pair of led strips through Wifi, and as you can imagine, it would be awesome to be able to control it with a touchable interface on my desk. Rainmeter, "running on the tablet", provides me the perfect interaction for this. But wait, there's more... Remember I said it is possible to control the led strips through Wifi? Also, I'm guessing you probably already know about the Rainmeter AudioLevel plugin, soooo... yheap, that's right! Let's make our own home disco, with Rainmeter and leds.

Features
Control and visualize music:
  • Check which music is currently playing, both on a local music player or on a web player
  • Spectrum visualizer and progress meter
  • Basic music controls - previous, next, start/pause, launch player
Check your PC stats:
  • View disk occupation and open respective folder
  • Check current CPU and RAM loads
  • Launch Task Manager from the CPU and RAM meters
  • Check Upload/Download speed and accomulated data transfer
Control leds and stream music:
  • Set led brightness
  • Turn leds On/Off
  • Switch between light modes:
    • Constant - Constant color and intensity
    • Fade - Fade from one color to the next
    • Pulse - Fade brightness from full to none and back
    • Disco - Blink leds to music rythm, one strip reacts to bass and the other to treble
    • Music - Keep brigthness constant but switch color on bass beat
    • Gaming - Dim brightness and blink when reacting to sound (explosions and gun firing), uses reds and yellows as colors
Video Preview

Download
Please, check the Github page for more information and to download the skin: https://github.com/ILikon/TabletCompanion
Websocket Plugin also available here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29658
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.