It is currently April 26th, 2024, 1:37 am

ForceX System Monitor v3.0.6(Feb-20-2013)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Seahorse

Re: ForceX System Monitor 1.4 / FXSM V2 Beta 4 (April-10-2010)

Post by Seahorse »

/bump
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Please don't bump the topic just to get an answer. The creator of the topic hasn't signed on to the forums in over a month (you can check this by clicking the "profile" button at the bottom of the post) so it is unlikely that posting here will grab his attention.
ImageImageImageImage
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

What else would you bump for? I assumed people visit the forums more often and don't make a habit of checking their activity levels. Shame really, the previous version is nice, if the temperature feature could be sorted, it would be prefect for my needs... :thumbsu:
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

ForceX

Post by ForceX »

Sorry for the long absence and lack of updates. I realize that using the temperature.dll is causing problems with most users of vista and above. I my self have even started having problems using the dll method of capturing temps. So for the past few moths i have been using SpeedFan 4.41 to provide the temp information to Rainmeter.

Below is a pic of the skin using SpeedFan. As you can see there are two GPU's and a CPU.

Much work is still needed to create all the different profiles. Perhaps i'll have some time soon and can get a finalized SpeedFan version of the skin uploaded soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ForceX

Re: ForceX System Monitor v2.0 (Aug-14-2010)

Post by ForceX »

V2.0 is now out and available for download HERE or the main post..

V2.0 brings a new look to the skin while keeping true to it's original forum and function.

New features in V2.0
1. Dynamic naming of HDD's in the skin
2. Dynamic NT selection for number of connections
3. Monitor the systems CPU temp via SpeedFan
4. Monitor up to 2 system GPUs temp via SpeedFan

SpeedFan is required to be installed in order for the skin to report system temperatures.

To setup SpeedFan:
1: Download and Install from http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
2. Set SpeedFan to startup with windows by adding it to the startup folder.
3. Configure SpeedFan to monitor your GPUs and CPU. Do this by clicking Configure and selecting the check boxes by the GPUs and CPU. The order of the selection list will be how you set up SpeedFan in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file. The top most listed item will be number 0. The second will be 1 and so on.
4. Edit the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc files SFCPU= "your number here", SFGPU1 = "your number here" SFGPU2 = "your number here"
5. Refresh the skin.

Q: Why SpeedFan and not the TemperaturePlugin.dll method?
A: Using the TemperaturePlugin.dll can require the user to have ACPI v2 in the system BIOS. This feature may not be available to all users. Also TemperaturePlugin.dll on Vista and Windows 7 will requires the user to disable UAC (User Account Control) and be running the system as an administrator. This is to risky and can lead to system vulnerability. I wont ask the user to risk the safety of there system. Once a better alternative plugin method becomes available i will look into incorporating it into the skin.
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

TemperaturePlugin.dll is no longer exist
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
ForceX

Post by ForceX »

Thats good. I still have the temp.dll along with all the WinRing0 files.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Sweet! Just one query, Is it possible to have temps for all cores by duplicating & editing the CPU Temp bar section of the relevant ini file and adding extra SFCU line in the settings.inc or is there a reason you have not already done so?
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

ForceX

Post by ForceX »

Seahorse yes you can. Edit the .ini file and duplicate the CPU Temp Bar 1 for the bar display and the CPU 1 Temp Graph if you want it to graph out. Just remember to change the names IE: [Mse_CPU_1_Temp] to [Mse_CPU_2_Temp] and so on. Then in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file just add some more SFCPU entry's and give them the corresponding SpeedFan number. Then make sure that the SFCPU id's match up with the new entry's in the .ini file.
SkyRocker

Post by SkyRocker »

Awesome skin, downloaded it tonight and it's up and running on my desktop. Keep up the great work.