It is currently September 21st, 2021, 5:43 pm

ModernGadgets 1.7.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ModernGadgets 1.7.0

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:15 am Thanks! Got it fixed. Any idea what causes this to happen?
This happens to me every now and then too. I'm not sure the reason happens, but I know at least one for-sure way to cause it to happen (at least, for me). If I change a drive's drive letter (for example, plug in a USB drive and use Disk Manager to change the letter assignment), it will immediately corrupt the PerfMon database for both the letters it was changed from and changed to.
:confused:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dhmolson wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:56 am Any chance you could add the ability to only show overall CPU usage instead of showing the usage for every individual core on the CPU Meter skin?
No, but you can make this change yourself if you want. Let's take this over to the Gadget's thread, so as not to pollute Raiguard's thread...
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

Ok, I just got a new mobo. Went from my old X79 based machine to AMD. I only have one issue with regards to HWinfo and these skins. For some reason I am not getting CPU temps. Nothing shows up in HWinfo about temps either. Just package temps. But no core temps. Any thoughts on what is going on here?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: August 10th, 2021, 3:25 am Ok, I just got a new mobo. Went from my old X79 based machine to AMD. I only have one issue with regards to HWinfo and these skins. For some reason I am not getting CPU temps. Nothing shows up in HWinfo about temps either. Just package temps. But no core temps. Any thoughts on what is going on here?
AMD CPUs do not report temps on a per-core basis. I think raiguard has instructions posted on his ModernGadgets wiki page on how to configure this. One option is to record the entry IDs for the die against every core. I think there is an option in the Settings to show a single temp value.
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

I will have to do some digging and playing around. I could have sworn I was getting core temps from the Asus software. Maybe I am incorrect in that. I will keep playing. So far I am pretty impressed with the chip though. The auto OC cranks pretty high past the AMD spec on my custom loop. And I have not even tweaked anything yet.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: August 10th, 2021, 6:15 pm I will have to do some digging and playing around. I could have sworn I was getting core temps from the Asus software. Maybe I am incorrect in that. I will keep playing. So far I am pretty impressed with the chip though. The auto OC cranks pretty high past the AMD spec on my custom loop. And I have not even tweaked anything yet.
I thought I heard that the latest versions of HWiNFO *can* report per-core temps for some AMD CPUs. I have no way to confirm, tho... :( Let us know if you can get them to work (this would not be a Rainmeter or skin thing, it's entirely up to HWiNFO in this case).
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

I am currently using an older version because of the whole licensing thing that changed with shared memory only working for 12 hours now.

So, I have the overall core temp working. I just run the temp in standard mode and assigned the sensor for the chiplet as the source. Seems to be accurate. My AMD software and other things are pulling the same temps. I will look into the newer version for multi core, but likely wont actually run them.