It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:12 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ModernGadgets 1.7.0

Post by SilverAzide »

shadow trekker wrote: March 26th, 2021, 7:01 pm I need help getting the GPU Meter to work after the hwinfo update. I followed these directions: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/ that got me part way, I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure what the rest of the steps are.
Those instructions do not apply to skins using older versions of HWiNFO, like ModernGadgets. Did you follow the tutorial posted on the ModernGadgets wiki? Right-click the GPU Meter and select GPU Meter settings, then in the HWiNFO Configuration section, click the notepad/view icon to go here, and click the HWiNFO icon to open the Shared Memory Viewer.

The version of HWiNFO you use doesn't really matter, except that if you use v7.x you'll need to keep re-selecting the Shared Memory option every 12 hours. I'd suggest installing v6.42 until raiguard can release a 7.x-compatible version of the ModernGadgets.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
spiff72

Post by spiff72 »

This caught my eye because I have noticed that my GPU isn't showing any info for the Modern Gadgets skin either. If it matters, I am using it on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme (Gen 2), which has hybrid graphics (and a 1650 as the discrete card). I will have to go through this again, but I have tried several times in the settings for the gadget (pointing it at various sensors) and can't get it working. I have NOT upgraded to the 7.x version of HWinfo, due to the new paid subscription requirement for shared memory.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

spiff72 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 9:23 pm This caught my eye because I have noticed that my GPU isn't showing any info for the Modern Gadgets skin either. If it matters, I am using it on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme (Gen 2), which has hybrid graphics (and a 1650 as the discrete card). I will have to go through this again, but I have tried several times in the settings for the gadget (pointing it at various sensors) and can't get it working. I have NOT upgraded to the 7.x version of HWinfo, due to the new paid subscription requirement for shared memory.
Yeah, those sensor IDs do change from time to time, so you might have to repeat the config process. Also check that the GPU itself didn't get reordered (there's a setting for this in HWiNFO). If it got reordered, your GPU 0 and 1 would be flipped.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
shadow trekker

Post by shadow trekker »

SilverAzide wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:33 pm Those instructions do not apply to skins using older versions of HWiNFO, like ModernGadgets. Did you follow the tutorial posted on the ModernGadgets wiki? Right-click the GPU Meter and select GPU Meter settings, then in the HWiNFO Configuration section, click the notepad/view icon to go here, and click the HWiNFO icon to open the Shared Memory Viewer.

The version of HWiNFO you use doesn't really matter, except that if you use v7.x you'll need to keep re-selecting the Shared Memory option every 12 hours. I'd suggest installing v6.42 until raiguard can release a 7.x-compatible version of the ModernGadgets.
Thank you very much for the response. I should have specified that the reason I followed those instructions was to attempt to fix the 12 hour limit on Shared Memory Viewer. I will follow your suggestion and install 6.42.
nikko

Post by nikko »

seems that they in Jpn have the sun even at night :???:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gospeedracer20

Post by gospeedracer20 »

Hellos,

Thank you in advance.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I am running the following:
ModernGadgets 1.7.0
Rainmeter 4.4.03412
HWiNFO64 6.42-4360

I kindly ask for assistance to help figure out/stop the following error message I see from "About Rainmeter":
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

gospeedracer20 wrote: April 1st, 2021, 3:58 pm Hellos,

Thank you in advance.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I am running the following:
ModernGadgets 1.7.0
Rainmeter 4.4.03412
HWiNFO64 6.42-4360

I kindly ask for assistance to help figure out/stop the following error message I see from "About Rainmeter":
I already fixed this for the next version. This is happening because you have more than ten hard drives, and the code in disks meter wasn't updated when i removed all the images and replaced them with shapes.

You can fix it temporarily by putting a blank image in the location it is complaining about.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
gospeedracer20

Post by gospeedracer20 »

raiguard wrote: April 1st, 2021, 5:45 pm I already fixed this for the next version. This is happening because you have more than ten hard drives, and the code in disks meter wasn't updated when i removed all the images and replaced them with shapes.

You can fix it temporarily by putting a blank image in the location it is complaining about.
That worked!

Thank you for your assistance. :cheers:
gospeedracer20

Post by gospeedracer20 »

raiguard wrote: April 1st, 2021, 5:45 pm I already fixed this for the next version. This is happening because you have more than ten hard drives, and the code in disks meter wasn't updated when i removed all the images and replaced them with shapes.

Hi raiguard,

Additionally, thank you for Modern Gadgets. I really like using it because it is very customizable and I find it much easier to use than the stock rainmeter. Here is how I use it:
HappyRain

Post by HappyRain »

Hi

I new to Rainmeter and this is the first time I've used it. I love your skins but I can't get the calendar module to scale? I'm using a 4K 43" TV as my monitor and I'm using the native resolution (3840x2160) and 200% scaling in Windows 10. I've had to use the compatibility trick on several programs including Rainmeter that I guess are not DPI aware to fix the terrible jagged text and other issues. Overriding the Windows scaling fixes the terribly pixelated skins but leaves them tiny, I was able to add scale=2 to all the modules I'm using and make them the proper size but I can't seem to scale the calendar module? I've tried entering the code in about a dozen different location and it either does nothing or completely breaks the module.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and I'm missing something but I've spent hours on this and I can't figure it out and it only took me about 15 minutes to figure out the compatibility trick a successfully scale the other modules.

Also I think I found a bug. I scaled the settings modules and that was how I learned how to scale the main module since the settings already have the scale code in the .ini file but if you scale the settings modules it breaks them and none of the settings work so I have to leave them tiny on my 4K screen.

Any help would be appreciated since I've already started to customize them a bit but I'm stuck with a tiny calendar module.