It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:26 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

Nightliss wrote:Thank you very much for this. Very easy to configure - all I had to do was to correct my motherboard ID because it was showing than my fan was spinning at -9000RPM :) Goodbye 8GadgetPack!

Also a request. Could you add readings from chassis fan connectors? Also if possible reading from a second CPU fan connector below fan in the CPU gadget?
Glad to know you like it!

The problem with adding chassis fans is that every motherboard is drastically different. I did toy with the idea of making a fan speed monitoring gadget, but eventually decided against it for this reason.

The spirit of Rainmeter is tinkering. I'm sure that if you do a bit of digging, and put in a little effort, you could write the additions in yourself. You could just copy the CPU clock speed meters and change the names, and write measures with the HWiNFO IDs you need. Let me know if you have any questions!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.1 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

v1.1.1 - 2017-1-14
- Fixed display glitches with setup skin
- Fixed gadget manager buttons becoming desynced if clicked too quickly
- Fixed CPU Meter config script not toggling measures
- Fixed CPU usage measures being tied to incorrect threads (oops!)
- Fixed page file line graph not showing up when enabled
- Fixed gadget manager path (was incorrect in Network, GPU, and Disks Meters)
- Fixed memory controller line graph not disappearing when disabled
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.2 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

I am facepalming so hard right now.

v1.1.2 - 2017-1-14
- Fixed average cpu usage in CPU Meter header (OOPS)
- Corrected typo in changelog
darkonyx

Post by darkonyx »

Hello!

I made an account just so I could thank you for making this skin-/widget-pack and I hope to see more of AddGadget's Windows Gadgets to be implemented in Rainmeter by you, in your style :)

I just did setup the CPU, GPU, Network and Disks Meter widgets and I had to change around with some of the Sensor IDs as expected.
I did run into some problems which I still have not manage to fix, and these are:

Having an AMD/ATI gfx-card, there are no "Memory Usage" or "Memory Allocated" sensors to be used in GPU Meter, so it's impossible to get the correct values on "VRAM". I did find a similar sensor that gives D3D usage (GPU D3D Memory Dedicated), but without any "max-value", the best I can get it "usage"/0 in VRAM. If there was a way to set "fixed values", I could just write 2000MB/2.0GB (as it's the total VRAM of my Sapphire 7870 gfx-card).

Also, another issue was in the Disks Meter. For some reason it won't show the read/write values on the disks (all disks shows "100%" for me, as such, it's all one color in the graph without any change xD
Luckly name and used/max space are shown correctly on all disks.

By the way, the name of Disks Meter is different than what it was called on AddGadgets. He named the gadget "Drives Meter". But maybe that was intended :)

Otherwise it works just fine and I love your design with pure black background and better font :)

Another tip, maybe change the background color of the headers to a maybe more lighter shade. This one, it's easier to keep the widgets apart when having them exactly below each other ^_^

Hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,
DarkOnyx
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

darkonyx wrote:*excerpt*
Thanks for the kind word! I do plan on adding more gadgets in future updates.

ironically, I planned on adding a manual override for max VRAM as part of my development session tonight. If you want to get this feature early, you can opt-in to testing development versions through the gadget manager. You will receive a notification when I release a beta (either tonight or tomorrow night).

Could you get a screenshot of what Disks Meter is doing? I don't quite understand the problem. And yes, the name is different on purpose. Drives Meter rolls off the tongue easier, but since most of the internal code refers to them as disks instead of drives, I decided to change the name.

Are you talking about the black background itself, or the margins around the gadgets? The margins are transparent on purpose.

Thanks for the feedback!
darkonyx

Post by darkonyx »

iamanai wrote:Thanks for the kind word! I do plan on adding more gadgets in future updates.

ironically, I planned on adding a manual override for max VRAM as part of my development session tonight. If you want to get this feature early, you can opt-in to testing development versions through the gadget manager. You will receive a notification when I release a beta (either tonight or tomorrow night).

Could you get a screenshot of what Disks Meter is doing? I don't quite understand the problem. And yes, the name is different on purpose. Drives Meter rolls off the tongue easier, but since most of the internal code refers to them as disks instead of drives, I decided to change the name.

Are you talking about the black background itself, or the margins around the gadgets? The margins are transparent on purpose.

Thanks for the feedback!
Screenshot of my Disks Meter: Image
Forgot to add that the read/write also always stays at zero kB/s regardless of disk activity. Also the red line below the header (where the title is) was just made by me to show where I meant when I said to have it in a different (lighter) color shade :)

Cheers!
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

darkonyx wrote:Screenshot of my Disks Meter: Image
Forgot to add that the read/write also always stays at zero kB/s regardless of disk activity. Also the red line below the header (where the title is) was just made by me to show where I meant when I said to have it in a different (lighter) color shade :)

Cheers!
I've never seen this problem before. Does the Drives Meter from SilverAzide's gadgets work properly? If so, that means there's something wrong with the skin itself.

If SilverAzide's Drives Meter is experiencing the same problems, then it's likely that the PerfMon database has been corrupted. This page of the Rainmeter documentation details how to rebuild the database (see the "note" section below the example). Once you've done that, refresh Disks Meter and see if that fixed it.

EDIT: About the header background... I would need to add an additional image meter to change it, because the entire background of the skin is 1 image meter. I don't think I'm going to make it an official feature, but I can throw something together for you if you really want it. You would have to manually put it back in every time the suite updates, though...

EDIT 2: Screw it, I'll make it a feature. I need more things to put into the global settings skin anyway. I'll add it to the list!
darkonyx

Post by darkonyx »

iamanai wrote:I've never seen this problem before. Does the Drives Meter from SilverAzide's gadgets work properly? If so, that means there's something wrong with the skin itself.

If SilverAzide's Drives Meter is experiencing the same problems, then it's likely that the PerfMon database has been corrupted. This page of the Rainmeter documentation details how to rebuild the database (see the "note" section below the example). Once you've done that, refresh Disks Meter and see if that fixed it.

EDIT: About the header background... I would need to add an additional image meter to change it, because the entire background of the skin is 1 image meter. I don't think I'm going to make it an official feature, but I can throw something together for you if you really want it. You would have to manually put it back in every time the suite updates, though...

EDIT 2: Screw it, I'll make it a feature. I need more things to put into the global settings skin anyway. I'll add it to the list!
Indeed, it had become corrupted! I did follow the tutorial to restore the PerfMon database and now Disks Meter shows up properly and works just as intended, many thanks!

Gotta love that internal dev-talking you had going on there, haha. Happy to hear you're considering to add that feature (along with the manual override of VRAM for GPU Meter that is :P), I will wait patiently (so no need to hurry) :)
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

darkonyx wrote:Indeed, it had become corrupted! I did follow the tutorial to restore the PerfMon database and now Disks Meter shows up properly and works just as intended, many thanks!

Gotta love that internal dev-talking you had going on there, haha. Happy to hear you're considering to add that feature (along with the manual override of VRAM for GPU Meter that is :P), I will wait patiently (so no need to hurry) :)
Phew! Problem solved!

Yeah, I tend to think out loud. It's a bad habit. Let me know if you have any other questions!
xanderlicious

Post by xanderlicious »

really liking this skin but i can't work out why my CPU fan speed is showing a negative figure.

Any assistance here would be appreciated

thanks in advance