It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:47 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Arbitria

Re: Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Arbitria »

SilverAzide wrote: May 28th, 2021, 1:36 am Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! I don't have a donation link, but if you want, you can make a donation to the Alzheimer's Association. They could use a donation a lot more than me!
A worthy answer! Respect!

==========================

Hello, how can I update my gadgets to the latest version ?!
(I updated Rainmeter, as well as HWiNFO, but still use older versions of gadgets 5.x.x).
Will the connection settings with the hardware be lost in this case ?!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Arbitria wrote: September 9th, 2021, 9:35 am Hello, how can I update my gadgets to the latest version ?!
(I updated Rainmeter, as well as HWiNFO, but still use older versions of gadgets 5.x.x).
Will the connection settings with the hardware be lost in this case ?!
Hello! If you are running the latest Rainmeter and especially HWiNFO, you'll want to upgrade for sure, as the new Gadgets version works with the free HWiNFO. Unfortunately, this means you'll need to redo your HWiNFO sensor mapping, but the good news is that it is MUCH easier.

You can download the latest Gadgets by clicking the download link in the first post, or get it from here. It will install over your existing Gadgets and preserve as many settings as it can. However, the CPU Meter and GPU Meter have been substantially changed due to the HWiNFO 7.x release and their change to a "freemium" model.

You'll want to follow the instructions on the wiki, below. It's a lot of steps, but they are all pretty simple and since you've been through it all before, it will be a lot simpler this time. Most of the configuration is now in HWiNFO, so no more messing about with cryptic hex numbers.

HOW TO Configure HWiNFO
HOW TO Configure the All CPU Meter to show core temperatures
HOW TO Configure the GPU Meter

If you run into any difficulties, let me know!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

SilverAzide wrote: September 9th, 2021, 12:21 pma
hey SilverAzide. couple of things, upon expanding various numa settings on dual socket system, gadget needs to be changed/ coded accordingly because window OS sees the core differently lol. also this might be a bug, but when I have the drives meter running, entering storage related program cause rainmeter to freeze entirely which also affects CPU meter as well.

this applies to restarting hwinfo which cause rainmeter to freeze and not respond for about 20-30 seconds while hwinfo start up, or disk management loading the disks also cause it to freeze 20-30 seconds. do you know if this is rainmeter issue or gadget issue?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

olenbr wrote: September 11th, 2021, 3:35 am hey SilverAzide. couple of things, upon expanding various numa settings on dual socket system, gadget needs to be changed/ coded accordingly because window OS sees the core differently lol. also this might be a bug, but when I have the drives meter running, entering storage related program cause rainmeter to freeze entirely which also affects CPU meter as well.

this applies to restarting hwinfo which cause rainmeter to freeze and not respond for about 20-30 seconds while hwinfo start up, or disk management loading the disks also cause it to freeze 20-30 seconds. do you know if this is rainmeter issue or gadget issue?
Are you using the latest version of the Gadgets? The latest version was specifically enhanced to handle NUMA mode and multi-socket machines.

What do you mean by "upon expanding various numa settings on dual socket system"? I'm going to need very specific instructions and details about exactly what you are doing, because I have no way of replicating what you are seeing since I have no access to a dual socket machine, or a machine that is capable of running in NUMA mode.

From the freezing or whatever, that does not sound like a HWiNFO, Rainmeter, or Gadgets issue. It sounds like something is happening with the Windows, maybe the Performance Counters database since you are saying the Drives Meter is having issues too. If Windows changes cause Rainmeter to freeze, that will necessarily cause the Gadgets to freeze. You might want to try fixing your Performance Counters database to see if that helps.
rohz1

Post by rohz1 »

SilverAzide wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:42 am The CPU fan and GPU fan can be monitored, but there is no Gadget that is dedicated to other fans. However, you might be interested in Gadgets Additions, also here and here.

There is a generic HWiNFO skin, HWiNFO Monitor, that will allow you to monitor up to 20 different sensors, and it integrates into the Gadgets suite appearance. You can easily configure this to show any or all chassis fans, or anything else that HWiNFO can see.
Just wanted confirm if this means CPU meter can only show the fan speed of one CPU fan? I have a dual fan noctua heatsink and the second one is indexed from HWiNFO as fan chassis1 on my mobo. Is it possible for CPU meter to show multiple fans?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

rohz1 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 9:27 pm Just wanted confirm if this means CPU meter can only show the fan speed of one CPU fan? I have a dual fan noctua heatsink and the second one is indexed from HWiNFO as fan chassis1 on my mobo. Is it possible for CPU meter to show multiple fans?
Confirmed; the All CPU Meter gadget can only display a single CPU fan per socket. :( Sorry about that, perhaps in a future version I can add more if additional folks express an interest. If you wanted to modify the skin yourself until then, it is definitely possible to do without a ton of difficulty.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets has been released!

7.1.0 - 2021-09-11
  • Enhanced Calendar to allow choosing appearance of current day indicator.
  • Revised All CPU Meter to remove extra spaces from Intel processor names.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to enable reporting overall CPU usage only (instead of usage per logical core).
  • Updated all Network Meters and Wireless Meters to use SysInfo measures instead of ActiveNet plugin measures.
  • Revised Network Meter to display wireless signal strength in the same manner as Network Meter Pro.
  • Revised ActiveNet plugin to remove all network adapter options; use SysInfo measures instead.
Get it on GitHub: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/latest

Requires Rainmeter 4.5.1 or later.

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release.
Rometas

Post by Rometas »

SilverAzide wrote: September 12th, 2021, 3:38 am [*]Updated all Network Meters and Wireless Meters to use SysInfo measures instead of ActiveNet plugin measures.
Hi,
if I use Network Meter nonpro without the ActiveNet plugin, I get doubled values. Instead of 100Mbit the meter shows 200Mbit. Is this a settings issue?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Rometas wrote: September 13th, 2021, 9:17 am Hi,
if I use Network Meter nonpro without the ActiveNet plugin, I get doubled values. Instead of 100Mbit the meter shows 200Mbit. Is this a settings issue?
Hello! No, the doubled (or tripled or quadrupled) values are because of this: INFO: Network statistics monitoring.

To resolve this, follow the steps here: HOW TO: Configure your Network Meter gadget, particularly the second set of steps about monitoring all interfaces.

The TL;DR version, this doubling behavior is caused by virtual network interfaces, so you need to monitor physical interfaces only. (This info applies to Pro version as well, so you can use whichever gadget you prefer.) Let me know if you still have issues after configuring everything.
Rometas

Post by Rometas »

SilverAzide wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:54 am Let me know if you still have issues after configuring everything.
Thank you. I had set the Ethernet Interface field to my physical adapter and used pro with NetMonitor, all was fine. When changing to nonpro with NetMonitor all was fine, too. With stopped NetMonitor I got doubled values. Now with that manual I deleted the Ethernet Interface field, all 3 fields are now empty. But I still got doubled values. What did I forget to do now?

Edit: Now it seems to double even with NetMonitor. Only Pro now works.