It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:22 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 1.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadge

Post by SilverAzide »

Thanks! LOL, that update message always bugged me too.
aqxea wrote:Just curious, what did you use to allow total upload and download to be shown? ... Is it something new?
No, nothing new, just Rainmeter and a little math. ;-)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
ArthropodOfDoom

Post by ArthropodOfDoom »

Just a heads up, with some direct modification in order to make it compatible, reading GPU info is apparently possible through PerfMon.dll. I'm trying to find a solution as to why mine doesn't work when I'm using all the parameters (apparently) correctly. If you find the time, I would be super appreciative if you could test a GPU skin, just a quick simple one to see if it works.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Sure! I've been looking to create a GPU Meter skin, but I'm not really too keen on relying on third-party apps and plugins.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

I've noticed something while working on illustro Gadgets: In both mine and your All CPU Meters, you can't "snap" other skins directly below it because the bars, labels, percents, etc. of the hidden cores are jutting below the gadget. In other words, even though they're hidden they still affect the bounding box of the skin. I'm working on a fix for my skin, but perhaps you might want to take a look at yours too. Great job with the skins by the way, they're amazing.

Also, I released a WIP version of illustro Gadgets (only the All CPU Meter right now.) If you have any suggestions or feedback I'd appreciate it! http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21496
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hello! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I've been aware of this glitch since day 1 but it wasn't a high enough priority to fix until now. I've finally fixed this issue and added scaling, and these will be in the next release of the Gadgets (1.6.0).
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 1.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadge

Post by SilverAzide »

For v1.6.0:
Added the ability for all Gadgets to be resized to any desired scale.
Added higher resolution artwork to accommodate larger gadget sizes.
Enhanced Drives Meter to allow monitoring any 10 drives (not just C through L).
Corrected Weather Meter Hungarian translation.
Corrected All CPU Meter to prevent hidden meters being positioned outside skin boundaries.
Corrected Wireless Meter signal bar positioning error.

Note: To change the drives monitored by Drives Meter, edit the DrivesVariables.inc file and revise the variables D01 through D10 to any values needed.
TGonZo

Post by TGonZo »

The new changes look good. The scaling is working good on all the skins... except the calendar. The clickable buttons across the top work in scale, but the Moon Phase and Holiday mouse over Tooltips get lost, not being scaled. Looks like those may be setup in the Lua script. So, that may be interesting to fix.

Good update. Thanks.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Oops, I forgot about the calendar tooltips. This should be fun... :(
I've tried to avoid messing with the LuaCalendar script, but I might not have a choice this time. If you or anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful!
Mytre

Post by Mytre »

I am enigma213 on deviant art and created a user here just to say thank you ! and keep the good work !!! if you do the gpu one you will earn a special place in my heart !! xD You almost won it with the ability to resize, which i love, i mean i need to resize icons for my second monitor so i can see it :D
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Mytre: re: the GPU Meter... Check back soon... ;-)
It will be HWiNFO-based and will include a tweaked and/or alternate CPU Meter skin that uses HWiNFO too so that you don't need extra background processes (SpeedFan/CoreTemp) running.