It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:43 am

Hex H - Skin

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Zerogate309

Hex H - Skin

Post by Zerogate309 »

Hex H - Screenshot Release.PNG
Hello Guys!

Celebrate the New Year with my new Update!

Version 1.1

- Fixed: High CPU-Load – There was a bug in my mind! I made all measures in an external file,
but EVERY skin load the measure file with ALL measures!
- Fixed: Language setting for date. Now you can choose between 6 different Languages.
Want other? See inside the “Hex Settings.ini” how to do!
- Fixed: Toggle between C(elsius) and F(ahrenheit) – But the weather doesn’t work!
See next point…
- Deleted: I removed all weather skins, because Yahoo changed their website at December 2022
and the WebParser no longer works.
The Support have no Time to fix it and said, Yahoo weather is not the best solution.
And I haven’t the knowledge to fix it by myself. So I delete all weather skins.
Maybe someday, if there is a stable solution, I bring the skins back…big sorry, for that!
- Update: Links for Programms are now editable! Hover the mouse over the bottom of the skin.
- Added: Top CPU-Process
- Added: 3 Skins for different time zones
- Added: A setup skin for "Apps1" skin (easy edit the Icons & Links)
(all Icons must be in the Apps1 folder)
- many, many Bug fixes and improvements!

Hint!

Before you install the new version, save your Hex Variables.ini to a different place!

So you can restore your colors and other settings you have changed!
I have rework ALL skins so ALL must be replaced!

---------------
Version 1.0

Here you see my first Rainmeter Skin: The Hexagon H Skin Suite!
("H" means: all Skins can be arranged in Horizontal direction!)
(A "V" Version is coming up soon!)

A year ago I saw the first Rainmeter Skins.
I liked many of them, but nothing really fit. What I found a pity was, that there was always only one skin for one function!
Thats why I started to code my own skin and if possible in different variants. So you have more freedom to decorate the desktop according to your taste.
Also, I made everything modular! Which means, it can be customized very easily and yet centrally.

Skins Includet:
- Audio- Control, Display, Visualisation and Volume
- WebRadio (Streams from Web-Radio-Stations) thx to PInkY77
- Battery, CPU (up to 8 Cores), Power Toys, RAM & Swap, Recycle Bin etc.
- Time and Date in different Versions
- Deco Skins to customize your Desktop
- Drivemonitoring (up to 12 Drives) Single and Multiview
- Link Skins for Folders, Programms and Web-Links
- Network and WLAN Skins
- Some Search Skins
- Weather-Skin based on Yahoo!

The NORD Colorpalettes is includet

I have learned a lot, but there are still many things i don't know and have to do.
So please bear with me, that there are maybe some bugs.

I am very curious what you make great from my skin!

Have fun! Your Zerogate

Zerogate309 on GitHub

CREDITS:
Wallpaper:
Odyssey

Font:
dafont.com

Icons:
Flaticon.com
icon-icons.com

And a big thx to all the beautiful Skins that inspired me!

CircuitousTwo
Dark
Notes++
NetworkPanel 1.0
Yahoo Weather Skin
Plain weather icons
WebRadio
Rainmeter Tea Timer / Countdown

And many more!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zerogate309 on January 22nd, 2023, 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JayKayOkie

Re: Hex H v1.0 - Skin

Post by JayKayOkie »

This is a great skin! The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the Fahrenheit/Celsius switch for weather. I can't seem to get it to switch to Fahrenheit. But I am new to Rainmeter. So maybe I'm missing something.
Zerogate309

Post by Zerogate309 »

JayKayOkie wrote: June 11th, 2021, 2:53 am This is a great skin! The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the Fahrenheit/Celsius switch for weather. I can't seem to get it to switch to Fahrenheit. But I am new to Rainmeter. So maybe I'm missing something.
Hi, just try to click with left Mouse on the "C" under "Unit"! Then refresh or reload the Weather Skin!
Kline1776

Post by Kline1776 »

I love this skin, thanks for making it. I am also having issues with changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit, and changing the toggle and refreshing isn't working for me. Any other recommendations?
boonemeat

Post by boonemeat »

Is there a way I can make the widgets larger? I have a hex background I'm trying to make them fit into.
certainOrder

Post by certainOrder »

Great skin! Unfortunately, yahoo weather recently stopped working and I can't figure out how to correct the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

certainOrder wrote: December 11th, 2022, 3:59 pm Great skin! Unfortunately, yahoo weather recently stopped working and I can't figure out how to correct the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
This may help: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=211654#p211639
certainOrder

Post by certainOrder »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 11th, 2022, 6:14 pm This may help: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=211654#p211639
Thanks for your reply; it's nearly helpful. I gather that the relevant bit of code is in the @Resources\Hex Variables.inc file, (excerpt below). It seems to be using some kind of string manipulation, but I the other post only shows the solution, so I'm not sure what the correct values are replacing. It appears that the skins may be using somewhat different approaches, so anything that could point me in the right direction from here would be appreciated.

Signed, Very new to rainmeter with some scripting & C# experience

URLSite=https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/united-states/ohio/dublin-12776090

; Current Details
; Returns: Country, location, Latitude, Longitude, TimeOffset, Pressure, Condition Icon, ConditionText, DayText, NightText (if available), Temp Now, Temp High, Temp Low, FeelsLike, ObsTimeStamp, Humidity, PrecipPercent, UVText, UVIndex, Visibility, WindDirection, WindDirectionCode, WindSpeed, Sunrise, Sunset, MoonPhase
Current=.*"countryName":"(.*)","displayName":"(.*)","latitude":(.*),"longitude":(.*),"offsetSecs":(.*)},"observation":{"barometricPressure":(.*),"conditionCode":(.*),"conditionDescription":"(.*)".*"text":"(.*)".*"text":"(.*)".*"temperature":{"now":(.*),"high":(.*),"low":(.*),"feelsLike":(.*)},.*"observationTime":.*"timestamp":"(.*)".*"humidity":(.*),"precipitationProbability":(.*),"uvDescription":"(.*)","uvIndex":(.*),"visibility":(.*),"windDirection":(.*),"windDirectionCode":"(.*)","windSpeed":(.*),.*"sunAndMoon":{"sunrise":(.*),"sunset":(.*),"moonPhase":(.*)},

; Daily Forecast Details
; Repeats forecast for today and the next 10 days
; Returns: ConditionIcon, ConditionText, DayText, NightText (if available), High, Low, TimeStamp, Humidity, PrecipPercent
Day=.*"conditionCode":(.*),"conditionDescription":"(.*)".*"text":"(.*)".*(?(?="dayPart":).*"text":"(.*)").*"temperature":{"high":(.*),"low":(.*)}.*"timestamp":"(.*)".*"humidity":(.*),"precipitationProbability":(.*),
certainOrder

Post by certainOrder »

I also see this in WeatherMeasures.inc:

[.SuperParent]
Measure=WebParser
URL=#URLSite#
;#URLSite#
;file://#@#JSONen-US.txt
DecodeCharacterReference=1
UpdateRate=#UpdateRate#
LogSubstringErrors=0
RegExp=(?siU).*"WeatherStore":(.*)"photos":.*
StringIndex=1
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup Parents]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

certainOrder wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:06 am I also see this in WeatherMeasures.inc:

[.SuperParent]
Measure=WebParser
URL=#URLSite#
;#URLSite#
;file://#@#JSONen-US.txt
DecodeCharacterReference=1
UpdateRate=#UpdateRate#
LogSubstringErrors=0
RegExp=(?siU).*"WeatherStore":(.*)"photos":.*
StringIndex=1
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup Parents]
That looks normal for the WeatherMeasures.inc; you don't ever want to change those files.
The code in the previous post is definitely different, but I will not have time to look into it for another few days (life happens :Whistle )...
Hopefully I can find some time later this week.