It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:07 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
XLR8ED

Re: Gadgets 6.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by XLR8ED »

Ok so you got me thinking, I moved the rainmeter folder in documents to the desktop and then reloaded your gadgets package the peak worked with the stock gadgets, I shut down RM and replaced the folder with my original and the peak is now working.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

shoek wrote: April 14th, 2021, 12:53 pm Yes, HWinfo calls it "CPU (Tctl/Tdie)" and describes it as "actual highest temperature among CPU sensors on the die". It also has "CPU Die (average)".

On a separate note, I also noticed that on my Intel system, I was seeing > 100% usage on one of the cores. Is that expected? I don't recall seeing that in previous version of the Gadget. I didnt get a screen shot. It is a 16 core with hyperthreading, so it shows 32 "cores" in the Gadget. I did a quick check in Task Manager and the thread that was showing > 100% in the Gadget was not that high in HWinfo or Task Manager. Is the Gadget summing the T0 and T1 usage values by mistake?
Thank you very much! I am going to try to adjust the Gadget's HWiNFO instructions per your feedback to make it clearer on how to configure a CPU with chiplets.

Regarding your observation about >100% in the Gadgets, this is actually by design. Check this out and see if it makes any sense to you:
INFO: CPU performance exceeds 100%

This writeup is taken from an article in Microsoft's docs; TaskManager reports a utilization value <=100% but you can see in the graphs that values are routinely exceeding 100%. Resource Monitor shows the actual value matching the CPU Meter (close enough, anyway). If you want to restore behavior to the "old way", then in the Settings, check the option Use Legacy Mode. This will report values like the traditional Rainmeter CPU measure.
Image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
shoek

Post by shoek »

@SilverAzide, thanks for that info. It makes sense.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

XLR8ED wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:16 pm Ok so you got me thinking, I moved the rainmeter folder in documents to the desktop and then reloaded your gadgets package the peak worked with the stock gadgets, I shut down RM and replaced the folder with my original and the peak is now working.
Ah, that screenshot of errors reveals the issue... I think the problem is when you moved the Gadgets, you didn't move the ActiveNet plugin as well. When you move skins to a new machine, you do need to also move the plugins if you've never done an install of the skin on that machine (this is just generic advice, not particular to the Gadgets). Because it could not detect your adapter speeds, it was truncating the peak to zero. I probably need to fix this, it shouldn't truncate like that. I'll correct this in the next patch release.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

shoek wrote: April 14th, 2021, 2:34 pm @SilverAzide, thanks for that info. It makes sense.
Let me know which "mode" you prefer. I debated quite a while on what the default setting for "Use Legacy Mode" should be, and decided to just default it to off and see how folks like it (or hate it).
shoek

Post by shoek »

SilverAzide wrote: April 14th, 2021, 2:41 pm Let me know which "mode" you prefer. I debated quite a while on what the default setting for "Use Legacy Mode" should be, and decided to just default it to off and see how folks like it (or hate it).
I like it the way you have it now. On Mac you often see > 100% CPU usage, and if Windows is now doing that you should keep current with that "modern" way of reporting as the default.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 6.0.2 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets has been released!

6.0.2 - 2021-04-16
  • Revised Update Checker to better handle recovery from PC sleeping or being offline.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter for case where temperatures show decimal values for some CPUs (e.g., AMD Threadripper).
  • Revised Network Meter and Wireless Meter to react better when switching between wired and wireless networks.
Get it on GitHub: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/latest

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
Rometas

Post by Rometas »

Hi SilverAzide,

this is a really nice Gadget. Today I updated from 5... to 6.0.2 and all works fine. But I am missing the parameter to set the update interval. I don't need 1000 ms updates, I would like 2000 oder 3000, because 1000 eats about 2% CPU time.

Is this possible like in version 5?
Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Rometas wrote: April 18th, 2021, 3:11 pm Hi SilverAzide,

this is a really nice Gadget. Today I updated from 5... to 6.0.2 and all works fine. But I am missing the parameter to set the update interval. I don't need 1000 ms updates, I would like 2000 oder 3000, because 1000 eats about 2% CPU time.

Is this possible like in version 5?
Thanks!
Sure, that part has not changed. Just right click any skin and select Edit skin. At the top in the [Rainmeter] section you'll see the line Update=1000. Just change that to 2000 or whatever value you want. If you are using HWiNFO to monitor temps, you can change the sensor polling interval to a matching value. The only skin that does not use an update rate of 1000 is the Battery Meter (due to animations), but the overall skin still runs at 1000ms.
Rometas

Post by Rometas »

Thank you, I missed that setting, because there are so many :)