It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:43 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
AMP

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.3

Post by AMP »

opvan wrote: August 17th, 2020, 5:36 am Thank you for the promp reply Alex. I tried a few other skins that has the CPU monitor feature and all of them were 10%-20% lower than what task manager reported. I think there's something wrong with my settings that's causing all the skins to be off on the CPU monitor. I've given up and have moved on the Process Meter module of Modern Gadgets. I found this module to be more useful since it shows the top 10 process and also has a graph to show CPU usage underneath.
Check out https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/cpu-usage-question.4162/ where the HWiNFO developer "Martin" discusses with someone how the values from HWiNFO and task manager don't agree. He says it's actually task manager that's wrong.

I too have the same discrepancy.
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

A very long time ago I posted in this thread about adding a power meter for systems with PSU's that can provide said information via USB. The Corsair AX1200i in my case. I posted an image of the HWinfo page on the sensors as requested. I was thinking something like a power usage and efficiency readouts. Has there been any attempt at making such a meter? Thanks.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: January 8th, 2021, 2:58 am A very long time ago I posted in this thread about adding a power meter for systems with PSU's that can provide said information via USB. The Corsair AX1200i in my case. I posted an image of the HWinfo page on the sensors as requested. I was thinking something like a power usage and efficiency readouts. Has there been any attempt at making such a meter? Thanks.
While this is a question for raiguard, I thought I'd chime in and mention dudebaker's Gadgets Additions suite has a generic HWiNFO skin that you can configure with up to 20 sensors (I think) showing anything you want from HWiNFO. It also has a "ModernGadgets" appearance option so it will visually integrate into your existing ModernGadgets skins.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

SilverAzide wrote: January 8th, 2021, 1:25 pm While this is a question for raiguard, I thought I'd chime in and mention dudebaker's Gadgets Additions suite has a generic HWiNFO skin that you can configure with up to 20 sensors (I think) showing anything you want from HWiNFO. It also has a "ModernGadgets" appearance option so it will visually integrate into your existing ModernGadgets skins.
Thanks. I will check it out.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

prophet4NO1 wrote: January 8th, 2021, 2:58 am A very long time ago I posted in this thread about adding a power meter for systems with PSU's that can provide said information via USB. The Corsair AX1200i in my case. I posted an image of the HWinfo page on the sensors as requested. I was thinking something like a power usage and efficiency readouts. Has there been any attempt at making such a meter? Thanks.
Sorry, I'm not planning on adding any more gadgets. As SA said, gadgets additions adds a generic HWINFO gadget that you can easily configure to display PSU values. There are many other goodies in that suite as well, I highly recommend it. Thanks for using ModernGadgets!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

raiguard wrote: January 17th, 2021, 6:02 pm Sorry, I'm not planning on adding any more gadgets. As SA said, gadgets additions adds a generic HWINFO gadget that you can easily configure to display PSU values. There are many other goodies in that suite as well, I highly recommend it. Thanks for using ModernGadgets!
I did get the other pack. I have the sensors configured, but what do I need to edit to get it looking similar to the other modern gadgets? Right now it has this gradient across the whole thing. Would like to at least make it black like the other skins.
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

You can the design within the Launcher skin.
Open it by right clicking any of my skins and click on Gadgets Additions Launcher.
At the bottom of the Launcher skin you can change the Style to ModernGadgets.
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.7.0

Post by raiguard »

Finally, after over a year, I got v1.7.0 done. This is the last feature update of ModernGadgets. Thank you for your support over the years!

I will continue to check this forum occasionally and fix any outstanding bugs.
v1.7.0 - 2021-1-29
- Added Chameleon auto-coloring (unsupported!)
- Added battery warning level setting to Battery Meter
- Changed CPU Meter HWiNFO clock speed to use per-core measurements - the displayed value is the max of all the cores
- Hovering your mouse over Disks Meter will show the opposite disk space measurement (used / free)
- Changed AMD color from dark teal to red
- Rewrote Weather Meter to scrape the weather.com website
- Iconography cleanup
- New weather icons
- Removed Clipboard Meter and Release Statistics Meter
- Removed automatic update checks - click the link in global settings to check for updates
- Fixed CPU temperature radio buttons not updating when clicked
- Fixed broken external IP update logic - it now updates every 10 minutes and on gadget refresh
- Fixed external IP string displaying whatever HTML came in - it now shows "ERROR" if something went wrong
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Woot! :thumbup:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

It's come to my attention that upgrading from v1.6.3 to v1.7.0 breaks weather meter. To fix this, go into the weather meter settings and click one of the radio buttons to set the units, and it will start working again. Sorry about that!
2021-01-29 15_02_18-C__Files_Programs_Rainmeter_Skins_ModernGadgets_WeatherMeter_Settings_WeatherMet.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.