It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:30 pm

AccuWeather.com on standby for other community and software

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
sgtevmckay

AccuWeather.com on standby for other community and software

Post by sgtevmckay »

This strictly a notice for other community software builders

Normally I would not have posted this, especially here, but I know there is a large community software developers watching us as guests.
And you are looking to see what solution we find with the current Weather.com issue.
Our solution, ultimately, is a conversion to AccuWeather.

For many reasons this is the way to go.
Especially with expanded service area
More locations covered
Over 100+ language translations

AccuWeather offers more, in their free service, than weather.com ever will

I have just spoken with Mr. Sylvie at AccuWeather.com and he is prepared to speak with , and assist with, any one who wishes to transfer services to AccuWeather. There will be some gibes and takes, but we here at the Rainmeter community reached a very amicable agreement.
My suggestion, and recommendation, to all developers, and I know who some of you are already, is to switch and give Mr. Sylvie a call; he is waiting.

AccuWeather developers contact information is bellow:
New Developer Information and Assistance

Michael Sylvie
Business Development Manager
email: developer@accuweather.com
Phone: 814.235.8638
Web: http://www.accuweather.com/promo-ad.asp?partner=forecastbar&traveler=0&dir=aw&page=forecastfox

If you have any questions; ASK
We will help you, within our abilities

This is not any kind of "Us" versus "Them" situation
We may be the Rainmeter community, but we are all affected by Weather.com's decision, and we are all a part of a larger developer community.

Now is the time to help one another!

We can squabble about who has better what later :D
Arne Anka

Re: AccuWeather.com on standby for other community and software

Post by Arne Anka »

sgtevmckay wrote:Over 100+ language translations
AccuWheather have translations? :o Where/How? Is it something I can use in a skin? Or did I get this totally wrong? :?
Livet är bara en period man ska överleva.
Som filosoferna säger: man föds, man lever och man dör ensam...
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Nope didn't miss a thing.

AccuWeather has been well documented on their availability to other languages other than English and EUR such as:
http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=forecastbar&traveler=0&locCode=DA|DK|DA007|AALBORG&metric=1
This page popped up in Danish for me. apparently it may also be system specific.
So if the page returns information based on your windows OS and thinks it should be English then it will be.

For the AccuWeather.com XML fo rthe skins
The XML is compliant to:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
Therefore a simple code addition to your code should be all that is needed to get the AccuWeather skin running in your chosen language.
I know the codes or a link to the codes was listed here on teh page somewhere.
Can not find it at the moment.

And Of course I could easily be wrong, and the use of Substitute+ may be need after all, but the page is similar to an RSS Feed

Anyone is welcome to jump in here and correct me at any time :?
Arne Anka

Post by Arne Anka »

sgtevmckay wrote:AccuWeather has been well documented on their availability to other languages other than English and EUR such as:
http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=forecastbar&traveler=0&locCode=DA|DK|DA007|AALBORG&metric=1
This page popped up in Danish for me. apparently it may also be system specific.
So if the page returns information based on your windows OS and thinks it should be English then it will be.
For me it's all in english! :cry: And I have danish IP, danish OS and danish browser... :?
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

There is information on adding CodePage= to your measures. Considering the dynamics of teh feed, this should also be applicable to the AccuWeather.com XML
I just can not find it at the moment

Although anyine ios welcome to jump in here and correct me at this time.

???; as for the webpage directly not coming up in Danish is beyond me, asi understand it there is support for a lot of languages, and the folks at AccuWeather.com understand we do not all read or speak english.

The link Ipresented before showed up in Danish with the replacement of DA for the EUR in the URL
Arne Anka

Post by Arne Anka »

sgtevmckay wrote:???; as for the webpage directly not coming up in Danish is beyond me, asi understand it there is support for a lot of languages, and the folks at AccuWeather.com understand we do not all read or speak english.
The only thing I can find, that is translated to many different languages is Forecastfox - the Firefox add-on. All other stuff is in English (US and/or UK) and maybe Spanish. :(

AccuWeather.com Download Center
Forecastfox
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

The link showed as English here also.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

English here as well.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.