It is currently January 20th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Rainmeter 4.3 Beta r3250

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
kyriakos876

Rainmeter 4.3 Beta r3250

kyriakos876 » September 25th, 2018, 3:11 pm

I suppose this is the post to issue things regarding the r3250 and above, so here's a minor detail. The "Use hardware acceleration" option is accompanied with a (Requires restart) is this referring to a system restart or an app restart? I suppose it's an app restart but it's a little bit confusing. Maybe it could be changed to (Rainmeter needs to be restarted) or (App restart required) for short. If it's for a system restart something similar like (System restart required). I hope I'm not being annoying with such a stupid/ detailed thing...
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter 4.3 Beta r3250 Available

jsmorley » September 25th, 2018, 3:18 pm

kyriakos876 wrote:I suppose this is the post to issue things regarding the r3250 and above, so here's a minor detail. The "Use hardware acceleration" option is accompanied with a (Requires restart) is this referring to a system restart or an app restart? I suppose it's an app restart but it's a little bit confusing. Maybe it could be changed to (Rainmeter needs to be restarted) or (App restart required) for short. If it's for a system restart something similar like (System restart required). I hope I'm not being annoying with such a stupid/ detailed thing...
That requirement isn't likely to stay as is. We are exploring alternatives, where changing that value might automatically refresh all of Rainmeter, or if really required, automatically do a restart.
kyriakos876

kyriakos876 » September 25th, 2018, 5:00 pm

jsmorley wrote:That requirement isn't likely to stay as is. We are exploring alternatives, where changing that value might automatically refresh all of Rainmeter, or if really required, automatically do a restart.
Oh okay, so my assumption was correct. It's a Rainemter restart. Cool.
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » September 25th, 2018, 5:07 pm

kyriakos876 wrote:Oh okay, so my assumption was correct. It's a Rainemter restart. Cool.
Yes. Rainmeter never, ever changes anything about your Windows setup that would require or respond to a restart of Windows.

The only changes Rainmeter ever makes is when a "normal" installation is done. It puts an icon for Rainmeter in your Startup folder in the Start menu, sets an "association" for .rmskin to SkinInstaller.exe, and adds an "uninstall" entry for Rainmeter in the Registry.