Change to Weather.com XML feed

Release announcements and important news from the developers.

Re: Change to Weather.com XML feed

January 23rd, 2018, 6:46 pm
Yincognito
   [262 posts]

jsmorley wrote:I would point out that Adolf Hitler used the metric system...

Which is quite logical, if you think about it ... after all, he picked a fight with the most significant imperial powers at that time. Just sayin' ... :D

January 23rd, 2018, 9:26 pm
B2Bfreek
   [2 posts]

THANK YOU eclectic-tech!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 23rd, 2018, 10:10 pm
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage   [2691 posts]

:17drums :17good :17drums

January 23rd, 2018, 11:27 pm
SilverAzide
   [416 posts]

jsmorley wrote:Right, my link was just to illustrate why it is "imperial" and not "fahrenheit". Although at the end of the day, it's not terribly important, as you say, anything but "m" is considered imperial anyway. It defaults to imperial because we invented weather...
Welp, actually... if you fellers were real 'Merricans, you wouldn't use no gol' dang "imperial" neither. Way too English-soundin'. You'd know the correct terms are "metric" and "standard". Y'all ain't bought no socket wrenches lately? Come in either metric or standard...

Yes, I'M KIDDING, KIDDING!! :D

January 24th, 2018, 2:42 am
jsmorley
Developer   [17493 posts]

SilverAzide wrote:Welp, actually... if you fellers were real 'Merricans, you wouldn't use no gol' dang "imperial" neither. Way too English-soundin'. You'd know the correct terms are "metric" and "standard". Y'all ain't bought no socket wrenches lately? Come in either metric or standard...

Yes, I'M KIDDING, KIDDING!! :D

So that would be the Standard standard?

January 24th, 2018, 2:53 am
Yincognito
   [262 posts]

jsmorley wrote:So that would be the Standard standard?

More like the Standard of all standards...

P.S. I always though there were too many 'standards' in this world, starting with languages and ending with the freakin' measurement units. People like to overcomplicate simple things though.

Return to “Rainmeter News”