It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:18 pm

Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by jsmorley »

;---------------------------------------------------------------------
; METERS & MEASURES

@include5=#@#Measures\YahooWeather.inc
CurrentCode=#WeatherCode#

@include6=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Sidebar\Weather\Weather.inc
Variant=Extended

This is just everything that is wrong with Enigma. Six include files in a simple weather skin. For crying out loud. Now that the original author has moved on and no longer supports the suite, the fact that it was written with the goal that "an end user never needs to see or understand a single line of Rainmeter code" is coming home to roost. This suite was and is just unsupportable.
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

Its showing words now and some percentages and a couple of 0 degrees, I went to the weathercodefinder.ini and it's showing my location is set, but still nothing.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

jckinncik wrote:Its showing words now and some percentages and a couple of 0 degrees, I went to the weathercodefinder.ini and it's showing my location is set, but still nothing.
Sorry, I really just don't know. If you have a stock Enigma suite and you simply go to

"C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Enigma\@Resources\Measures\YahooWeather.inc"

And change:

Url=http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=#CurrentCode#&u=#Unit#

To:

Url=http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?w=#CurrentCode#&u=#Unit#

Save and refresh Rainmeter and it WILL work fine. That is about as far as I am willing to dig into Engma, and if you have changed other files or options I'm not sure what to tell you.
red.razr

Post by red.razr »

weeeelllllll, gonna go with accuweather. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully great.
"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus
red.razr

Post by red.razr »

jsmorley wrote:Sorry, I really just don't know.
I know. Just looked at your desktop. Looks good, actually looks great. Kewl.
"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus
RussG

Post by RussG »

Thanks jsmorley. Your fix worked perfectly.
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

red.razr wrote:weeeelllllll, gonna go with accuweather. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully great.

How are you doing Accuweather? Just replacing yahoo with accuweather?
red.razr

Post by red.razr »

jckinncik wrote:How are you doing Accuweather? Just replacing yahoo with accuweather?
Can't find any xml data at accuweather. So, gonna go with yahoo if I can find any good weather skins. Guess I'll look at deviant, only place I can find rainmeter skins. Hmmm, wonder if yahoo uses accuweather???
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

red.razr wrote:Can't find any xml data at accuweather. So, gonna go with yahoo if I can find any good weather skins. Guess I'll look at deviant, only place I can find rainmeter skins. Hmmm, wonder if yahoo uses accuweather???
Yahoo uses Weather.com. (The Weather Channel)
Thunderbear

Post by Thunderbear »

For Enigma, you need to also change the weather codes you set in options.ini from the old place codes (either ZIP codes or codes in the format 'USCA0246') to the new WOEID codes, and change the "DST offset" to GMT offset for the right time zones.

Just struggled through this today to get one of three PCs fixed for weather/country codes. Thanks to jsmorley and moshi for the pointing in the right direction.

Edit: I did notice on a newer version of Enigma on my laptop, "weather code finder" was already using WOEIDs, so just fixing the yahoo URL did the trick.