It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:44 am

Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
brinkeguthrie

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by brinkeguthrie »

eclectic-tech wrote:... You removed the main webparse measure, so nothing will work.

And still have 2 [Variables] sections, so the second is ignored... I meant to say combine them into 1 section.

Here is a corrected code

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=lilshizzy@gmail.com 
Update=1000
@include=#SKINSPATH#Elegance\Variables\Fonts.inc

[Metadata]
Name=Elegance - Weather (sm3)
Config=
Description=
Instructions=The default weather code is set to Los Angeles, to get your Weather Code visit (weather.yahoo.com) type in your Zip, click the RSS button, your code will be in the address bar. Click on "Edit Skin" below to enter your code.
Version=1000
Tags=
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Variant=
Preview=

[Variables]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Elegance\Variables\Default.inc
WeatherCode=12797313
WeatherUnit=F
; My weather code for Milan OH
; WeatherCode=2450855

[Styles]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Elegance\Variables\Styles.inc

;--------------------------------

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=1800
Url=https://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select * from weather.forecast where woeid=#WeatherCode# AND u="#WeatherUnit#"
RegExp="(?siU).*<yweather:units.*distance="(.*)" pressure="(.*)" speed="(.*)" temperature="(.*)".*<ttl>(.*)</ttl>.*<yweather:location.*city="(.*)" country="(.*)" region="(.*)".*<yweather:wind.*chill="(.*)" direction="(.*)" speed="(.*)".*<yweather:atmosphere.*humidity="(.*)" pressure="(.*)" rising="(.*)" visibility="(.*)".*<yweather:astronomy.*sunrise="(.*)" sunset="(.*)".*<geo:lat.*>(.*)</geo:lat><geo:long.*>(.*)</geo:long>.*<yweather:condition.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" temp="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*<yweather:forecast.*code="(.*)" date="(.*)" day="(.*)" high="(.*)" low="(.*)" text="(.*)".*"

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=23

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=22

;--------------------------------

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#SKINSPATH#Elegance\Images\weather_sm03.png
;SolidColor=255,0,0,100
X=0
Y=0
W=116
H=143

[Temp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=normalwc
FontSize=73
X=60
Y=6

;[Temp2]
;Meter=STRING
;MeterStyle=normalwc
;FontSize=14
;X=-2r
;Y=93r
;Text="degrees"

Want to make sure this is right for me--this code says 'for Milan OH.' is this for my area, szip code 94518?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@ brinkeguthrie

Yes...
When you change the 'WeatherCode' variable to equal your WOEID code, 12797313 the skin will use that to show you the temperatures for Contra Costa.

The comment about Milan was just there to tell you what I had preset in my example.

If there is a string meter for the city name, you can manually change the 'Text' to your location, or use StringIndex=6 in a new weather child measure, to return the city name the webparser finds. Then use that measure in the string meter for the city name.
LeInfiniti

Post by LeInfiniti »

LeInfiniti wrote:Nope.. could it possibly be my router or something like that? It's odd that I get a connection to the WebParser through the test skin, but it doesn't work with the Encoded skin.. Anything else I can give you that will help you determine the problem?
@eclectic-tech

Sorry for bothering you with this, just thought maybe you never saw my reply or anything.. Sorry!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

LeInfiniti wrote:@eclectic-tech

Sorry for bothering you with this, just thought maybe you never saw my reply or anything.. Sorry!
No bother, but I am not sure what is the solution is to your connection issue. :?

What version of Internet Explorer do you have on your system?
What system of Windows are you running?
Do you have the latest updates to Windows installed?
What version of Rainmeter are you running?
Do other Weather skins or any other skins using webparser give you the same errors?

Knowing these things might help in finding some answers. Since it is working here, I might not be of much help. :confused:
brinkeguthrie

Post by brinkeguthrie »

any idea why this Elegance font gets chopped off?

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

brinkeguthrie wrote:any idea why this Elegance font gets chopped off?

Try adding DynamicWindowSize=1 to the [Rainmeter] section of the skin.
brinkeguthrie

Post by brinkeguthrie »

worked! TY!
chumeo_di_hia

Post by chumeo_di_hia »

In our city, it's very raining outsite but weather.com say:

and Yahoo weather say:

Yahoo weather works pretty well :D I hope I can comeback to Yahoo weather's code :-(
Garris1

Post by Garris1 »

I had this situation with a proxy server, when the provider had to change something in its database. Later, the problem disappeared by itself.
Yaaa

Post by Yaaa »

Hello !

So i'm using the RETRO enigma theme and the weather skin doesn't work. Here is the .ini :

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
10-Foot HUD (Black) - Created by Stephen R Gibson, based on MoxaWeather.
Edited by faulkner.16@gmail.com

[Variables]
;Find your weather code at Weather.com (like UKXX0296 below) and replace the one in this URL.
;To have the temperature display in Farenheit, delete "&unit=m" from the URL.
URL=http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/FRXX0016?cc=*&unit=c&dayf=6
Font=rockwell

------------------------------------MEASURES-------------------------------------------

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
UpdateRate=3600
Url=#URL#
RegExp="(?siU)<weather ver="(.*)">(.*)<tmp>(.*)</tmp>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<day d="1" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="2" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="3" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)"
StringIndex=1

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=3

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=5
Substitute="Fair":"FAIR","Cloudy":"CLOUDY","Showers in the Vicinity":"SHOWERS","Partly":"PARTLY","Mostly":"MOSTLY","Fog":"FOG","Clouds":"CLOUDS","Light":"LIGHT","Rain":"RAIN","Sunny":"SUNNY","Clear":"CLEAR"

-------------------------------------METERS--------------------------------------------

[MeterBG]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=0
W=120
H=160
SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 1

[MeterTemp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=550
Y=0