It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:47 am

Rainmeter 3.3 Final Release

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
jsmorley
Developer

Rainmeter 3.3 Final Release

Post by jsmorley »

[back #256A99] January 3, 2016 [/back]
The 3.3 Final Release of Rainmeter is now available from
As usual, Rainmeter 3.3 is fully backwards compatible with skins written for any version of Rainmeter
You need only install on top of your existing installation.
No need to uninstall 3.2.1 or worry about overwriting changes you have made.
Changes are described at
Change history for Rainmeter at
poopdogg

Re: Rainmeter 3.3 Final Release Available

Post by poopdogg »

Seems to be broken for me (Win 8 64). Had to rip 3.3 out from the registry to get uninstall permission, rolled back to 3.2 just fine after that.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

poopdogg wrote:Seems to be broken for me (Win 8 64). Had to rip 3.3 out from the registry to get uninstall permission, rolled back to 3.2 just fine after that.
Can you be a bit more specific about what kinds of errors and problems you ran into? Hundreds of thousands of people are using Rainmeter 3.3 without issue on pretty much every version of Windows, so I'd be interested to understand what it is about your system that is causing problems.

Really, to say "it's broken" is rarely helpful unless you are talking about pottery...
kdehlert

Post by kdehlert »

When I try to download 3.3 from the link (both primary and mirror), I get a warning that the signature of Rainmeter-3.3.exe is corrupt or invalid.

Is there a fix for this?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kdehlert wrote:When I try to download 3.3 from the link (both primary and mirror), I get a warning that the signature of Rainmeter-3.3.exe is corrupt or invalid.

Is there a fix for this?
I would run both your antivirus software and MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your system. Something is corrupting those files on your system as they are being downloaded.
kdehlert

Post by kdehlert »

the behavior is the same across all systems I attempt the download from...

And yes, these are known clean systems. There are reports about this issue on malware info sites as well:

https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/rainmeter.exe-3971bd4615c8af42999aad6fad4303bba0932d97.aspx

This seems to be an issue with the packaging of the download.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kdehlert wrote:the behavior is the same across all systems I attempt the download from...

And yes, these are known clean systems. There are reports about this issue on malware info sites as well:

https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/rainmeter.exe-3971bd4615c8af42999aad6fad4303bba0932d97.aspx

This seems to be an issue with the packaging of the download.
No, there is nothing wrong with the download. Rainmeter 3.3 has been downloaded and successfully installed by about half a million people.
kdehlert

Post by kdehlert »

Tried FireFox. It downloads just fine. There seems to be an issue with IE downloading.

FYI.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kdehlert wrote:Tried FireFox. It downloads just fine. There seems to be an issue with IE downloading.

FYI.
Hmm.. Perhaps you and the three other people still using IE should consider Google Chrome or Firefox. ;-)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Minor tweak to Rainmeter 3.3 Release.

We have changed the digital certificate used in the Rainmeter 3.3 release version at https://www.rainmeter.net in order to correct an issue with Microsoft IE/Edge/SmartScreen that you might get when downloading and installing the release.

We also did some minor tweaks to a couple of localization languages.

There is no particular reason to get this new version if you already have downloaded and installed Rainmeter 3.3. This is really targeted at folks who will be getting it going forward, but there is also no harm in getting and installing this just be be completely up-to-date.