It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:40 pm

My AccuWeather / Weather skin stopped working!!!

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
sgtevmckay

My AccuWeather / Weather skin stopped working!!!

Post by sgtevmckay »

Hello again folks

In preparation for the coming black out (or the very good possibility of such), we have all been breaking our collective necks to get as many alternative weather solutions available as possible.

None more than Kaelri:
Kaelri has done the impossible with his schedule, school, and downed internet.
He has developed an updated Enigma default skin, and it was just released in the last couple of hours.
This will be the final RC before the release of Rainmeter 1.1 which will be in the not so far future.
This release has compensated with an alternative weather service.
Not6 to mention a ton of updates and a serious code size reduction that should allow Enigma to utilize less resources and run smoother. ;)

This release candidate can be immediately utilized as, not only a replacement, but a solution as well.
For those that are still using the Enigma skin weather, you are covered.
More information here:
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=780#p11512

You will need to update to the latest Rainmeter Beta (r256) release for this updated skin set.
Downloads can be found here:
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=73&start=0

Many have made great strides in rendering last minute solutions so that here will be some weather skins available.
Some may be available in the next few hours.
I myself am working a Weather.com skin that will be fully compliant with the latest Weather.com tracking agreement (This will unfortunately require to sign up for the account at Weather.com),
I believe that maminscris is finalizing some code on an international Weather Underground skin, and we may see this shortly.

Again, I have assemble a list of solutions that weather can be parsed and coded from
Here:
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1474&start=20#p10587

As many of you know, that have been patiently following along in my endeavors, I am looking and will continue to look for another full solution for our weather needs, but this may take time.

At this time I will tell all of you that the AccuWeather feed is the same feed for us all, under the Rainmeter Partner code, so when one skin goes dark, we will all be dark at the same time.
If by some chance the folks at AccuWeather see fit to allow us more time, do not rejoice yet, as any AccuWeather information after this Thursday will simply be borrowed time.
maminscris

Re: My AccuWeather / Weather skin stopped working!!!

Post by maminscris »

sgtevmckay wrote:
I believe that maminscris is finalizing some code on an international Weather Underground skin, and we may see this shortly.
my accuweather did not stop yet, and the Weather Underground skin is almoast ready, now in Fahrenheit (never know how to write this, thanks God that firefox has a dictionary), tested on US and Canada locations and it works fine, of course this locations provide more data, so if someone would like to parse those feel free to do so, now I'm at work now and a little busy, but I will upload that today :D
Yelleke

Post by Yelleke »

You should make this thread sticky, or make a weather related subforum where all weather related threads/posts com together.
This will make it easyer to help or find help about the weather skins, sources, questions or answers.

just my 2 cent
;)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Yelleke wrote:You should make this thread sticky, or make a weather related subforum where all weather related threads/posts com together.
This will make it easyer to help or find help about the weather skins, sources, questions or answers.

just my 2 cent
;)
Good call ;)
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

is 15 October here and the Accu feed did not stop yet 8-) , i think they need us
Yelleke

Post by Yelleke »

maminscris wrote:is 15 October here and the Accu feed did not stop yet 8-) , i think they need us
Don't put your money on that, is the day allready over in the US :?:
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

Yelleke wrote: Don't put your money on that, is the day allready over in the US :?:
they are 7 hours before me, so now is 15 10 2009 13:49 in there
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

I believe that the main Offices are in Pennsylvania and Florida, This places them in Atlantic U.S. time zone (-5 I think), so it maybe that if they are planning a midnight shutdown it would be 2200 hours my time (MDT).

My weather is still active

We shall see ;)
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

maminscris wrote: they are 7 hours before me, so now is 15 10 2009 13:49 in there
they should be 7 hours behind you ;)
before would mean, that they are placed in japan or somewhere that east way :D
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

bendenfield wrote: they should be 7 hours behind you ;)
before would mean, that they are placed in japan or somewhere that east way :D
is not before = with behind ?, I'm in the east, SE of europe, ex-communist block, now the government is down save God, they should elect another one, our president is nuts and alcoholic (is an ex captain of ships) it is a jungle here :lol:

speaking of weather
i found this http://www.intellicast.com/