It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:45 pm

AccuWeather: So where do we stand? (Prepare Now!!!)

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
sgtevmckay

AccuWeather: So where do we stand? (Prepare Now!!!)

Post by sgtevmckay »

Hello Folks

I come to you with a heavy heart today. :cry:
AccuWeather has not spoken with me in 4 business days, and I can clearly see the writing on the wall.
It is my current guess that at sometime (Unknown) on Thursday, October 15, 2009. AccuWeather will be cutting their feed to the Rainmeter community.
I have requested an extension through Mid-December, but I am not holding my breath for this to happen.

Since this is nothing new, as many have been aware of this issue for several weeks now.
If you are not prepared, then now is a great time to get started.
Understand that I foresee a mad rush to the forums with the obligatory: "My skin don't work!"
If you are following the events, then hopefully you have prepared yourself, and your skins, accordingly; as I really do not wish to see current members running into the forums with the above mentioned statement.
Realistically this will happen though.

For those of you who have been tracking along with the various threads, I know most of you are prepared, for the rest that have been following, but have missed out on the various other immediate weather resources, please read through the following thread:
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1474&start=20#p10587

Now is the time!

Update your skins to an alternative solution, and do so quickly.
Many of us will have our hands full with helping those folks that are to come in the near future.
If you have a skin with an alternate solution already made, please submit it soon, as redirect to working skins is always a great thing to have.

To the entire community:
I apologize for the trouble that I have created in offering this as a solution. :(
many will be upset, disappointed, and/or abandon Rainmeter because of my actions.
I hope and plead that this will not happen, but it will.
To those that are fully active in the Rainmeter community, my sincerest apologies, as we all know what is to come next. :?
Benjamin Linus

Re: AccuWeather: So where do we stand? (Prepare Now!!!)

Post by Benjamin Linus »

sgtevmckay wrote: << SNIPPET >>
To the entire community:
I apologize for the trouble that I have created in offering this as a solution. :(
many will be upset, disappointed, and/or abandon Rainmeter because of my actions.
I hope and plead that this will not happen, but it will.
To those that are fully active in the Rainmeter community, my sincerest apologies, as we all know what is to come next. :?
My respect to you man, you tried to find the solution.
The community should salute you for your efforts.
Thanks for all your hard work.
We shall overcome ..
There'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of dover ... etc :)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Aye ;)

Thanks
Yelleke

Post by Yelleke »

If this is a reason for being upset, disappointed, and/or abandon Rainmeter, then you are not worth to be helped at all, we all are just human.

Appology is not needed, in fact, I applaude to you.
You do great things for the community.

Only the sun and a fart is for free and Accuweather hoped to make some money of the deal.

What worry's me is the wide spread of weather sources we are going to see and the related questions you'll have to face.
this link no work, your script is broke, why does it not work with X or Y

just my 2 Eurocent
;)

Damn difficult english
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

Yelleke wrote:Appology is not needed, in fact, I applaude to you.
You do great things for the community.
Agreed :)
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

I see no option for uploading attachments here. :shock:
Last edited by Benjamin Linus on October 12th, 2009, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Benjamin Linus wrote:I see no option for attachments here.
Nope attachments have been blocked from the news post.
What are you attempting to accomplish?
karmat

Post by karmat »

Sarge (if I may call you that?), you have been amazing since the beginning of this weathercode issue. Don't ever apologize for putting your best efforts out there! Who knew?

I feel bad for everyone who put so much effort into developing new skins! I don't thing there will be as much of a commotion this time, you've prepared us well.

I'm gonna keep my umbrella, sunscreen and snow shovel handy and then I'll be ready for anything!
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

to be serious: who the hell does really need a weather skin? i mean, just look out of the window and you will know, wether you can go to the supermarket without getting wet by the rain or not. :lol:

that may sounds a bit ironic, but i really never used weather skins and i never will, since i think they are just useless. so you have not to apologize to me.
i cannot say what the rest of the community thinks about you now, but from what i see in this topic, you have done 100% right. as yelleke said, accuweather just wanted to make profit from this "offer", but they didn't. So they will end it up. Who does really care? your try to give us Raineers a weather feed only for Rainmeter, perfectly shows how important you are for this community. metaphorically speaking you are the skeleton of this whole body named Rainmeter ;)

and in fact the many new members we probably will get soon, are a good effect of this "crisis", aren't they? :lol:
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

karmat wrote:Sarge (if I may call you that?)
Sarge is cool 8-)
I probably respond to that and McKay faster than any thing else I could be called :P