It is currently September 21st, 2021, 5:27 pm

We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22288
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by jsmorley »

Benjamin Linus wrote::deadhorse:

How many times now have they said they are cutting the feed.
This must be the third or fourth time :?:
oh well :0
Maybe you'll receive another mail in another 3-4 months saying the same Sarge :?
Could very well be.. ;-)
sgtevmckay

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by sgtevmckay »

Understood, but with them updating and flushing their system, now is the perfect time.
I am just bracing folks....No matter how much notice is given, there is still going to be a flood of those folks that come here with the obligatory: "My Skin don't work WTF!"
So I will make every effort to offset that flood as much as possible

I did write them a very Politically Correct Thank You......
User avatar
Benjamin Linus
Posts: 163
Joined: July 12th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Location: The Island

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by Benjamin Linus »

sgtevmckay wrote:Understood, but with them updating and flushing their system, now is the perfect time.
I am just bracing folks....No matter how much notice is given, there is still going to be a flood of those folks that come here with the obligatory: "My Skin don't work WTF!"
So I will make every effort to offset that flood as much as possible

I did write them a very Politically Correct Thank You......
All joking aside.
Genuine thanks for keeping us all informed Sarge.
Image
User avatar
cwfrizzell
Posts: 77
Joined: August 10th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by cwfrizzell »

sgtevmckay wrote:Here is, apparently, the final word on this matter folks

I received this today:
So I hope that everyone is prepared

Regards
The Sarge
Have you created or been working on an alternate source for your weather config?
Cheers!

Chuck
sgtevmckay

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by sgtevmckay »

As time permits, but this has been slow as I have been drugged up for a couple of weeks now and the other obligations i have been working on.
If it goes down....I should have a solution in about 2 to 3 weeks :?
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22288
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by jsmorley »

wasky1
Posts: 127
Joined: June 10th, 2009, 8:26 am

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by wasky1 »

i now this might sound daft or naughty at least but is it possible to parse their website direct i can see windspeed n stuff in source. or does the code change in the page source. i dunno im not great with the web bits. im not that bothered im just curious. thanx for information though!
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22288
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by jsmorley »

wasky1 wrote:i now this might sound daft or naughty at least but is it possible to parse their website direct i can see windspeed n stuff in source. or does the code change in the page source. i dunno im not great with the web bits. im not that bothered im just curious. thanx for information though!
Probably going to be an unstable way to go over time. Feeds are constant, the web page can change any time they like. I would be fine if someone wants for themselves, as long as they are ok with changing the RegExp as needed when it breaks, but would be a very bad thing to distribute via devArt for instance.
User avatar
tru
Posts: 169
Joined: January 12th, 2010, 4:24 am
Location: A Salty Piece of Land...

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by tru »

it would appear tat rainmeter as gotten to big to be allowed by accuweater.
wasky1
Posts: 127
Joined: June 10th, 2009, 8:26 am

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by wasky1 »

jsmorley wrote:Probably going to be an unstable way to go over time. Feeds are constant, the web page can change any time they like. I would be fine if someone wants for themselves, as long as they are ok with changing the RegExp as needed when it breaks, but would be a very bad thing to distribute via devArt for instance.
thanks for reply its handy to know.