It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:55 pm

printer status plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
phalon

printer status plugin

Post by phalon »

One of my projects that I've written in C# monitors the page count and has access to several other printer stats. Would there be any interest in having this as a Rainmeter plugin?

I'll convert my code to a plugin if there is at least one person that says they would want to use it.
Waldensamkeit

Re: printer status plugin

Post by Waldensamkeit »

I would be extremely interested in something like this. I've been trying to create a suite that would be suitable for some of my work stuff at home but between work and other life things I'm lucky if I get an hour or two everyother night to do anything more than just read and ive spent the better part of a month trying to learn regex.

Sorry for the unnecessary tangent. :/
I would be very interested though
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I would definitely commit to writing a skin for this plugin if it were available. In mean, if you're offering, then... :)
phalon

Post by phalon »

Now what I can do, after thinking about this some more, is get the current page count for color pages or overall page count. To get the hourly page count that my project displays, it would require a database.
Would you like the current page count totals?
Would you like me to work in a flat-file database so that I can show hourly (or less) differences? (Note: I currently use an access database for the project)

If you think it would be better to just get the variables, I can use the SNMP variable parsing part. If you want it to just track page count on a time-line, I can work in the flat-file database.