It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:55 pm

Call for a Coder to build a Tempurature Monitor

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
maminscris

Re: Call for a Coder to build a Tempurature Monitor

Post by maminscris »

haw about this one, i use it sometimes, it is called gpuz, just a exe file and ini
the link
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

maminscris wrote:haw about this one, i use it sometimes, it is called gpuz, just a exe file and ini
the link
a great program, but I am unaware of how we would port the information to Rainmeter.

Also if you love this program, you will really like the software these folks produce:
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php
nvme
Developer

Post by nvme »

We cant use any CPU-ID libraries for free, they license their SDKs at well over $1000 as sgt. mentioned earlier.

However, looks like whoever has developed CoreTemp developed their base .DLL using this very library (since CPU-ID is listed as their affiliate here: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ ). Looks like we should be able to develop a plugin that uses the DLL here http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/developers.html. What is the status on this third party CoreTemp plugin that people are mentioning here? Who developed that and can we get the source code for it ?

Also can we talk to SpeedFan about providing access to their driver? since it seems to support a plethora of hardware (CPU, GPU, Mobo and HDD).
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

nvme wrote:What is the status on this third party CoreTemp plugin that people are mentioning here? Who developed that and can we get the source code for it ?
Well. That status on is is that the last update for it was on 3 aug 09. Version 0.99.5.26 as far as I can tell.
The developer seems to be a Arthur Liberman. That's the name you get if you click the "Contact Me" button on the site anyway. So I guess that's what we're going with.
nvme wrote:Also can we talk to SpeedFan about providing access to their driver? since it seems to support a plethora of hardware (CPU, GPU, Mobo and HDD).
That would be kinda awesome. Lot's of other stuff that can be added withouth having the need for any external program!
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

Chewtoy wrote:Lot's of other stuff that can be added withouth having the need for any external program!
this would be marvelous :D
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
harrison3001

Post by harrison3001 »

Hi! I'm not a programmer ... I use the Informer Widget for Yahoo! Widgets, it parses the SpeedFan log of temperatures. SpeedFan must running and logging, of course. Take a look, it could also monitor fans etc. http://www.extensiblesoft.com/informer/
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

harrison3001 wrote:Hi! I'm not a programmer ... I use the Informer Widget for Yahoo! Widgets, it parses the SpeedFan log of temperatures. SpeedFan must running and logging, of course. Take a look, it could also monitor fans etc. http://www.extensiblesoft.com/informer/
Yeah we can do that too already. :)
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
ChaLe

Post by ChaLe »

I started to use not long ago Rainmeter and im delighted.
Anyway I just read about these problems about temperature monitor. Im not a coder or programmer but have little idea.
On linux there is util for monitoring temp and fan speed named LMsensors. I wonder is there anyway to put it on rainmeter?
I use on ubuntu little util named conky that have similar function as rainmeter and to put lmsensors in conky is piesce of cake.
Here is link for LM sensors
killall-q

Re: Call for a Coder to build a Temperature Monitor

Post by killall-q »

A little find on the OpenLibSys driver WinRing0. This Vista sidebar gadget shows what's possible in a lightweight implementation. The good thing about WinRing0 is that it supports XP through Vista and probably 7 too, and supports 64bit. The bad thing is both this and Real Temp have only used WinRing0 to support Intel Core and above processors.
A30N

Post by A30N »

Hi all. First post!

I just discovered this program today, and I love it. I'm cobbling together a custom skin as we speak. Now I use Windows 7 x64 on all my machines (desktop, laptop, tablet pc) and after trying to load a CPU temperature monitor, got the dreaded "CoreTempPlugin.dll not found". I tried registering the .dll but there was some error, it didn't work. But I have another idea.

CoreTemp has a few addons, one of which is an MIRC script. It includes the GetCoreTempInfo.dll and instructions on how to customize output. I bet it wouldn't be hard for someone to convert it for use with RainMeter. There's also a Vista Sidebar Gadget for CoreTemp, but after extracting it, it looks much more complicated to reverse-engineer.

The link to the CoreTemp addons is here: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/addons.html