It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:35 am

Call for a Coder to build a Tempurature Monitor

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
ForceX

Re: Call for a Coder to build a Tempurature Monitor

Post by ForceX »

wasky1 wrote: got it to work on win7 x86 core2duo (with 32bit winring files), but cant get it to work on win7 x64 corei3 (with 64bit winring files) i cannot see an option to enable ACPI v2 in bios setup, and dont know what the side effects would be if i could enable it. i only want cpu temp as my graphics are onboard in my laptops(poor me!).
There was a trick to the X64 files. Here are the ones that i am currently using.

As for your laptops; BIOS settings are not something that's very extensive. It's possible that ACPI v2 is on by default. The only way i have been able to get CPU Temp to work is by.. A.. ACPI V2 is on and B.. UAC is disabled in windows

Thanks Dark_Wizard :)

Or you can use SpeedFan and download a skin which relies on it for temp reporting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chiindis

Post by chiindis »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and recently began to build my own skins for Rainmeter. So I'm really everything else than a programmer, but at least I can tell what a meter or a measure is :)

I read this thread very carefully now, and I think I have all the files in their proper places, ACPI on, UAC off, etc, but it still keeps telling me 0°C on everything and 'atiatl not found'. As I said, I'm not a programmer, so please be patient with my possible dumbness, and I also understand that it's still under development, but what am I doing wrong here? It would be really awesome I could get this to work!

I am on a fairly lowfi but new Win7x64 Fujitsu Laptop with a T4300 and an Intel GMA 4500M graphics chip if that's of any help.
puma99dk|

Post by puma99dk| »

so there still ain't a new coretempplugin.dll that works with Windows 7 yet?
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

puma99dk| wrote:so there still ain't a new coretempplugin.dll that works with Windows 7 yet?
Nope. You'll have to do with the SpeedFan plugin.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Mitch2025

Post by Mitch2025 »

I just discovered Rainmeter today while searching for a nice resource and temp monitor for my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have everything going and have customized the ForceX theme the way I want and everything but I cannot get the CPU and GPU temps to show up. I have the WinRing0 files in the app folder (the one with rainmeter.exe), the TemperaturePlugin.dll file in the plugins folder and ACPI V2 enabled in my Bios. But it just will not show me my temps. I have an AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU and an ATI 5850 GPU.

My logfile looks like this:

Code: Select all

DEBUG: (00:00:00.000) Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
DEBUG: (00:00:00.000) IniFile: C:\Users\Mitch2025\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
DEBUG: (00:00:00.000) SkinPath: C:\Users\Mitch2025\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
DEBUG: (00:00:00.000) PluginPath: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins\
DEBUG: (00:00:00.016) The rainmeter.ini file is writable.
DEBUG: (00:00:00.094) Refreshing (Name: "ForceX\ForceX System Monitor 2\Monitor Temp With Temp Plugin\12 Core\7HDD" Ini: "ForceX System Monitor 2.ini")
DEBUG: (00:00:00.343) TemperaturePlugin: Enter CpuInfo()
DEBUG: (00:00:00.343) CpuInfo: 01
DEBUG: (00:00:00.343) CpuInfo: 02
DEBUG: (00:00:00.343) WinRing0 interface not match
DEBUG: (00:00:00.343) TemperaturePlugin: Leave CpuInfo()
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) TemperaturePlugin: Enter GpuInfo()
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) GpuInfo(NV): 01
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) GpuInfo(ATI): 01
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) GpuInfo(ATI): 02
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) GpuInfo(ATI): 03
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) GpuInfo(ATI): 04
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) GpuInfo(ATI): 05
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) nvapi not found
DEBUG: (00:00:00.359) TemperaturePlugin: Leave GpuInfo()
What troubles me is the part that says WinRing0 interface not match and the nvapi not found. Could someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Chewtoy wrote: Nope. You'll have to do with the SpeedFan plugin.
I think this answers your query. Oddly enough I too am tinkering with ForceX... :arrowr:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

pneuma

Post by pneuma »

My question isnt whether or not speedfan plugin works my question is... are the readings accurate? The readings on cpu usage and gpu usage don't necessarily correspond to the true environment numbers that I know are right. I have probe for asus installed as well just to see if it is actually getting the right numbers. And generally the numbers seems to be close but they are never actually the same?????
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Greetings pneuma :welcome:
Glad to have you with us :thumbup:

There are a few ways of calculating or monitoring temperatures, and there are a couple of websites that discuss this.
Due to the way various temp monitors work, they may choose and alternative to what Asus is using as their calculations/monitoring.
I love, own, and build custom systems around Asus, and am aware of their hardware and software.
Base on that knowledge I think the reversed question may be just as applicable.

I would say that one is not more correct than they other, but if I was a betting man, I would trust what speedfan is telling me first and use the Asus software tools as a back up.
This is of course my opinion, and other folks may tell you to stick with the hardware builders tools, but not all tools by hardware designers is the best software.
I use speedfan, and have never had a complaint ;)
pneuma

Post by pneuma »

Deleted
Last edited by pneuma on January 25th, 2011, 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
pneuma

Post by pneuma »

I see this post and eveyone is having problems with this yet still no fix... I was reading today on the coretemp site that he does have a 64bit and 32 signed version of his .dll plugin somone else paid for them. I have not been able to get that .dll loaded but then again im not a coder so yeah please look into that fellow coders. CAN WE PLEASE GET SOMETHING THAT WORKS!