It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thunderbird Plugin?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
tumbleweed1993sf

Thunderbird Plugin?

Post by tumbleweed1993sf »

Anyone know of a plugin that can display on my desktop how many unread messages I have? Much like the Omnimo theme displays how many Gmail unread messages you have via an RSS feed.
ravisurdhar

Re: Thunderbird Plugin?

Post by ravisurdhar »

I was wondering the same thing. A thunderbird/lighting plugin would be fantastic. I know there are a few people working on getting a proper "upcoming events" skin that pulls events from multiple calendars...it might be simpler just to get the info from lightning.
NictraSavios

Post by NictraSavios »

ravisurdhar wrote:I was wondering the same thing. A thunderbird/lighting plugin would be fantastic. I know there are a few people working on getting a proper "upcoming events" skin that pulls events from multiple calendars...it might be simpler just to get the info from lightning.
Or Sunbird, personally I use my iPod Touch 4G's calender app, only because it's always with me though...
GhostMatrix
Rainmeter Sage
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 45.5658°N, 73.5898°W UTC -5

Post by GhostMatrix »

You don't really need a plugin for display on the desktop how many unread message you have...

Thunderbird or Outlook in Office and maybe other mail applications will write for the e-mail address a value for this in the Windows registry.

For an example the Measure will be something like this ...

[MeasureUnreadMail]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\something@sympatico.ca
RegValue=MessageCount
UpdateDivider=300

The Measure will return the number of unread mail.

GM
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 0.1

KSSA

Post by KSSA »

Thx for this way, but it works only for default mail account.
I'm still looking for way to display count of all unread mail in whole thunderbird.
Can you help me?
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

GhostMatrix wrote:You don't really need a plugin for display on the desktop how many unread message you have...

Thunderbird or Outlook in Office and maybe other mail applications will write for the e-mail address a value for this in the Windows registry.

For an example the Measure will be something like this ...

[MeasureUnreadMail]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\something@sympatico.ca
RegValue=MessageCount
UpdateDivider=300

The Measure will return the number of unread mail.

GM
This method is not accurate. It shows meI have 260 unread emails but its acutally 0 so it appears it doesnt refresh it often enough for all accounts
gadjah

Post by gadjah »

I agree. One missing plugin is thunderbird/lightning plugin. Hope the developers will include this soon. People've been waiting for years now.
ravisurdhar wrote:I was wondering the same thing. A thunderbird/lighting plugin would be fantastic. I know there are a few people working on getting a proper "upcoming events" skin that pulls events from multiple calendars...it might be simpler just to get the info from lightning.