It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:42 am

Windows Service Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
TechnoPallidin

Windows Service Plugin

Post by TechnoPallidin »

I'm looking for a plugin if it's already out there before developing one that will allow me to Monitor, Start, and Stop windows services for the Local computer and Remote computers and support authentication as well.

Are there any plugins of this nature already present in the rainmeter landscape or something that will allow me to do this already built in?

Just trying to save some development effort if possible. Otherwise I will create one and post it. :)

Thanks.
Seahorse

Re: Windows Service Plugin

Post by Seahorse »

Sysinfo & Perfmon are supported by plugins, do they cover the items your require?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

No, there is nothing like this for Rainmeter today. I think a plugin that can control services would be pretty useful. Go for it.
TechnoPallidin

Post by TechnoPallidin »

Ok, thanks guys. Looks like I might have me a good weekend or two project to complete. Once done I'll post for all to use. I'm assuming deviant art will be a good place to go for that. :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TechnoPallidin wrote:Ok, thanks guys. Looks like I might have me a good weekend or two project to complete. Once done I'll post for all to use. I'm assuming deviant art will be a good place to go for that. :)
You can attach it here as well. Then folks can feedback on it and once you and the community are happy with it you and I can talk about including it in the Rainmeter build if you are willing to work in an open source environment.
TechnoPallidin

Post by TechnoPallidin »

Sure thing. I have no problem working in open souce. My big thing is I need to dust off my C++ skills been a LONG time since I have done C++, mostly do C# now but would rather do this in C++ since the project is in C++ anyway. Gives me an excuss to dust off old skills.

Thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TechnoPallidin wrote:Sure thing. I have no problem working in open souce. My big thing is I need to dust off my C++ skills been a LONG time since I have done C++, mostly do C# now but would rather do this in C++ since the project is in C++ anyway. Gives me an excuss to dust off old skills.

Thanks.
Outstanding!
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

TechnoPallidin wrote:Sure thing. I have no problem working in open souce. My big thing is I need to dust off my C++ skills been a LONG time since I have done C++, mostly do C# now but would rather do this in C++ since the project is in C++ anyway. Gives me an excuss to dust off old skills.

Thanks.

Sounds great TechnoPallidin, and after you finish with that if you want to tune your C++ skills up a bit more you could take a look at the PerfMon plugin and see about adding support for displaying info from other machines on the network. ;) Just an idea...