String Button Generator
4%
TaskList
13%
Tray Popup
18%

Total votes: 71
KreAch3R

Re: Tools! (From my TotalControl! Suite)

Post by KreAch3R »

It only took you a couple of days, it wasn't "too long" at all. :) And I totally understand "last days of summer" as a teen.

I tested your new version, and it does exactly what I need. I couldn't test it on the dual monitor configuration, because I left my home town yesterday. But I am pretty sure it does what I need. So, hooray indeed. :D

I am looking forward to your future releases, as specifying the place one wants the tray to popup is the best path to follow.

Thanks again. Enjoy the ending Summer. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
th3hood

Post by th3hood »

Hi, i have only recently discovered rainmeter and dont know much about the coding yet(changed a few sliders,colours etc) and was wondering whether it would be possible to to make a skin like the battery meter in total control only have it tell you battery life remaining on wireless usb headset, and wireless usb mouse(the mouse i dont use but i found a lot of ppl looking for it in my search for one for the headset). If you could help in any way would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou for Tools!, Keep up the great work.
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

What wireless USB headset is it? What's the exact name of it?
Same goes for the mouse.

They will all be different, and some may not even say what their battery life is, some might write to a file somewhere (using the manufacturers software), others might go to the registry, some may allows hooks into the driver to read, etc.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

Hello santa_ryan!
Remember, we were talking about PID and about problems when some programs are not minimized/maximized properly.
I've found a way how to solve it, just look at the part of the code where i did changes.

Code: Select all

Func _GetWinTitleFromProcName($s_ProcName)
    $pid = ProcessExists($s_ProcName)
    $a_list = WinList()
    For $i = 1 To $a_list[0][0]
        If $a_list[$i][0] <> "" AND IsVisible($a_list[$i][1]) Then
            $pid2 = WinGetProcess($a_list[$i][0])
            If $pid = $pid2 Then Return $a_list[$i][0]
		EndIf
	Next
EndFunc

Func IsVisible($handle)
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then 
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf

EndFunc
May be it will give you some new look on it and you will maybe enhance the entire code, but even with this it works exactly as i wanted :)
Tnx.
fragrant.monkey

Post by fragrant.monkey »

Reading this thread... older message from july 03/2011
I was intrigued by this conversation below, and wondered if this version of the tool (RunMinimizeOrMaximizeProgram) is still available as the attachment is not actually present in the forum message. (OR... is this functionality actually included in the present release of RunOrMaximizeProgram ?)

:???:
santa_ryan wrote:Ah... so it goes like this?

If NOT running Then
-Run Program
Else
-If NOT Maximized Then
--Maximize
-Else
--Minimize
-EndIf
EndIf

So that..
If you click the app icon while its maximized it will minimize and vice versa?
RunMinimizeOrMaximizeProgram.zip
If what i said is true then here you go:
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

I don't remember if it is included in the current release.
When I get home I'll release a fully updated version with all of the tools I've developed or acquired in my years of rainmeter.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
fragrant.monkey

It does not seem to be included in the latest release of the Suite as a separate exe.

In fact, now that I'm experimenting... it seems to me to not really act as I would expect...
What I mean by that is that it will launch the app I'm specifying, but further clicks on the 'button' will only 'bring to top' the app in question if hidden behind other windows. It will not 'maximize' the app (ie. full screen), nor will it bring up the app if it is manually minimized to the Win7 taskbar.

I expect the RunMinimizeOrMaximize version will act more to my preference if it is still available. (Although 'maximize' is still not really the correct term... that action isn't really the 'Restore' function either, what do you call it when a running window is 'un-minimized' from the task bar?).

Regardless, thanks for your time and your expertise, and for sharing.
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

@fragrant.monkey

Here

And I just saw your post so I'll work on it.

I should really change the name from maximize to "activate." It merely reactivates the program in question.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fragrant.monkey

Hey! Thanks!

And yes, I agree that the term 'activate' may be more descriptive.

although...

It won't seem to work for me... upon investigation my best guess is this a 64-bit version?
And I am but a lowly 32-bit Win7 user... sorry that I had not specified previously.

santa_ryan wrote:@fragrant.monkey

Here

And I just saw your post so I'll work on it.

I should really change the name from maximize to "activate." It merely reactivates the program in question.
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Here you go, including sources.
RunOrMaximize.zip
RunOrRestore.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.